In this issue we will share what Dr. House had to say in the Winter/Spring issue of Hallelujah Acres paper publication Back to the Garden (now known as Health News)in 1996. It featured Evangelist J. C. House’s testimony of recovery from throat cancer after making the diet change. That testimony follows:
Dr. J. C. House was ordained to the Gospel Ministry in 1964 and has been busy in full-time Christian service since that time. While at his last Pastorate at Calvary Baptist Church in Holland, Michigan, the church averaged over 600 in attendance each week, 92 Missionaries and/or Missionary projects were supported each month and a nationwide radio ministry was instituted.
In 1988 Dr. House resigned as Pastor and began a full-time ministry of Evangelism. Each week he conducts meetings in different Churches across the country, sometimes conducting two meeting per week. He consistently averages 55 meetings per year.
Dr. House notes, “Good health is essential in maintaining this type of rigorous schedule and I credit the teaching of Dr. George Malkmus and his Hallelujah Diet as being most important in good health.” Summarizing his health history and the changes he has seen since beginning the Hallelujah Diet, Dr. House writes:
In 1986 while still serving as Pastor, my weight reached 226 pounds. I had been troubled with Chronic Sinus for 35 years. I had the horrible headaches, the scratchy eyes, the drainage, the resulting sore throat, etc. I was being treated for Chronic Prostatitis, which kept me in pain and prevented me from ever getting a full night’s sleep. I had constant stomach problems that complicated everything else.
When I entered full-time Evangelism, the problems complicated. In October 1989 I was diagnosed with throat cancer. Two unsuccessful surgeries and 37 radiation treatments followed.
The radiation treatments evidently lowered my immune system. Drainage from the sinus created severe laryngitis and I was unable to preach. I found myself with colds all the time and at the change of each season it seemed like a worse case of the flu. I was missing meetings due to health problems.
I was taking a prescription medication for sinus, a prescription medication for Prostatitis and 1600 milligrams of pain medication for Prostatitis, and 1600 milligrams of pain medication each day. I was also receiving cortisone injections I my shoulder for bursitis and arthritis.
Each day became more difficult as I tried to maintain my schedule. In May of 1994 I was in a meeting with Dr. Charles Williams at Central Baptist Church in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Dr. George Malkmus had just recently been with them in a Health Seminar and had left behind an issue of Back to the Garden. Each time I read it, I would voice all my objections as to why this could never work and how recovering your good health must be more complicated than just changing your diet. But the more I read the more I knew in my heart that he was right.
I called Dr. Malkmus and made an appointment to meet with him. I drove 2,200 miles to talk with him and receive his counsel concerning my condition. He listened patiently and then said very kindly, ‘You don’t have to be sick.’ Then he explained to me what was necessary in order to be well. I began a new way of life that day in the midst of sickness.
- I eliminated all animal products from my diet, all meats, all dairy products . . . milk, eggs, cheese, etc., along with eliminating caffeine, carbonated drinks, sugar, salt and white flour. I began a diet of 80% raw fruits and vegetables.
- I began to take 3 tablespoons of organic Barley powder each day. This is probably the most important thing I do each day.
- I began to drink freshly extracted carrot juice each day. I drink 16 to 24 ounces of juice daily, using only California carrots.
- I began to use distilled water for drinking and cooking.
- I began a daily exercise program of walking.
- I try to get adequate rest each night.
- I assumed a positive attitude about my life.
That was in May 1994. This is being written 18 months later in October 1995. Several wonderful things have transpired in this past year and a half:
- I have taken no medication of any kind in the 17 months, not even an aspirin. My prescriptions were running over $200.00 each month prior to this.
- All symptoms of all illnesses have disappeared and I am healthier and feel better than I have in many years. I have no known health problems at 61 years of age. No cancer, no sinus problems, no prostatitis problems, no laryngitis, no headaches, no bursitis, etc. Simply put, I am well!
- I now weigh 172 pounds at 6’1” height, a 54-pound loss from my high weight.
And all I did was follow George’s advice and change my diet. I recommend it to anyone. Try it – all you have to lose is your sickness.
Dr. J.C. House
Sixteen Years Later…
Dr. House is a trained Back to the Garden Health Minister who shares this ministry and the Hallelujah Diet in his evangelist meetings as he travels around the world. Dr. House is now 77 years old, and as a result of adopting The Hallelujah Acres Diet and Lifestyle 16 years ago, he is still able to carry on a vigorous evangelistic meeting schedule.
Sometimes folks ask me if this Hallelujah Acres Diet and Lifestyle will sustain a person long term. You will be able to learn the answer to that question by visiting his website and seeing his vigorous schedule for yourself.