On January 7th, with some 4,000 from around the world registered, Hallelujah Acres launched a 60 Day Program to help all who wished to participate obtain a slimmer, healthier waistline. The program includes weekly webinars, recipes, daily e-mail tips to inspire and keep those participating informed, along with many other perks. To learn more about this incredible weight loss program as well as how to register to join in the program, even at this late date, visit http://www.hacres.com/60days .
We have been taking a look at a health problem being experienced by an ever-increasing number of American’s – the problem of Overweight and Obesity, along with an expanding waistline. (See articles from last week and the week prior.)
As we begin this third week on the subject, for clarity purposes, I want to divide my remarks into three parts: Problem, Cause, and Solution. In the first two Health Tips we dealt primarily with the problem & cause. This week we will deal with the solution. But before we deal with the solution, let’s briefly review the first two parts:
As we began to take a look at the issue of Excess Weight and Obesity, along with an expanding waist line, almost immediately we saw the primary cause of the problem – wrong diet and lack of exercise. But we also learned some very frightening statistics: 180 million Americans (over 60% of our population) are overweight, 40 million of these 180 million are obese, and 3 million are classified as being morbidly obese.
We concluded by stating: “The sad truth is that obesity has reached epidemic proportions, and excess weight precipitates or aggravates almost every acute and chronic disease being experienced. Many of the seriously overweight suffer with cardiovascular disease and/or diabetes, along with a multitude of other symptoms.
The good news is, that usually all one needs do to eliminate excess weight, obesity, and an expanding waistline, along with all the symptoms that accompany them, is simply change what is being eaten, and start a simple exercise program.
We also learned that: “The prevalence of overweight and obesity has steadily increased over the years among all genders, all ages, all racial/ethnic groups, and all educational levels.”
In past Health Tips we also learned that: “We are the most overfed – undernourished country in the history of the world, and that the average person in America consumes 3,393 calories per day which is phenomenal, also the highest in the world.”
We also learned that the primary sources of the calories that lead to all of this overweightness and expanding waistlines is coming from refined sugars, refined grains, and animal fat, items found in abundance in the Standard American Diet (SAD), the diet consumed daily by most people in America today.
We also learned that: “The Hallelujah Diet eliminates these fat producing items, the very items found in abundance in the SAD diet and the items responsible for most of the excess weight and obesity plaguing over 60% of our population. In place of all these fat-producing items, The Hallelujah Diet and Lifestyle provides highly nutritious, fiber rich, complex carbohydrate, predominantly raw foods that nourish the body and contribute to a slender and healthy body.”
The solution to the overweight, obese, and expanding waistline problem being experienced by the majority of our nation’s population is to stop putting into the body those things that caused the condition, start putting into the body those healthy foods that contribute to a slender and healthy body, and start exercising. Sounds like a simple solution, doesn’t it? But the application of the solution is not so simple, and it is here that I want to devote the rest of this Health Tip.
Formula for Weight Loss
The formula for weight loss is a simple one – decrease caloric intake and increase calories burned! Now that we have the formula for successful weight loss, how can we best implement it?
Step One – Make a Commitment
The first step in achieving a slimmer waistline and healthier body is to make a commitment. We are told that it takes 21 days to break a habit and establish a new habit. So the first step in reaching the goal of a slimmer waistline and healthier body is to make a commitment.
The primary reason for expanding waistlines is because the person has developed some bad eating habits that led to the problem. Breaking the eating habits that have created the problem and establishing the good eating habits that can help a person reach their goal; can in most cases be accomplished in 21 days.
So for the next 21 days you are going to make a commitment to eliminate the fiberless, high calorie foods that have created the overweight condition: refined sugar, refined grains (including all white flour containing products) and all animal source foods (including cheese). In their place we are going to adopt the low calorie, high fiber, 100% plant based Hallelujah Diet, and start exercising.
To help you stick with your commitment, let’s find an index card (just a piece of paper will do) and on that card or paper write the following:
I, ___________________________, do hereby contract with myself and with my God that I will adopt The Hallelujah Acres Diet and Lifestyle, and will eliminate all three of the high calorie, fat producing items from my diet for the next 21-days.
Should I deviate from the terms of this contract during any one of the next 21-days, I will immediately start over again from the beginning. I will adhere to the terms of this contract until I have completed the full 21-days on The Hallelujah Diet and Lifestyle.
Step Two – Post Contract Along With a Recent Picture
If you have a recent picture of yourself, post that picture alongside your contract, so that as you lose those excess pounds, you can have a visual of your progress. Place this contract and picture in a conspicuous place where you will see them every day, such as your bathroom mirror (that’s the best place) or refrigerator.
Step Three – Program Your Mind for Success
Repeat frequently such affirmations as “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!” or “I will eat to live, rather than live to eat.” You can also create some of your own affirmations. Make it fun! Be creative! Look forward to and be excited about taking control of your weight and health. Above all, don’t feel sorry for yourself, or you will sow the seeds for defeat.
You can succeed! You can be victorious! You can do it if your ‘want to’ is big enough. Get excited about the prospect of a new you!
Step Four – Set a Goal
How many pounds, or how many inches, or how many dress sizes do you want to lose in the next 21 days?
Be realistic here. Set an achievable goal. A pound a day weight loss should be achievable.
Think how much better you will feel and look with the weight and size of a bowling bowl missing from your abdomen. A regulation bowling ball weighs 16 pounds. Some people are carrying around several of these bowling balls everywhere they go.
Step Five – Plan Your Strategy for Success
If at all possible, remove from your pantry and refrigerator all foods containing the three fattening items listed above. This removes the temptation to consume these items when you get hungry.
That means getting out of the house all soda pop, chips, candy, cookies, and other foods containing refined sugar and/or refined flour, as well as all meat, milk, cheese, and eggs. In the place of these fattening foods, we are going to restock our fridge and pantry with only those foods allowed on The Hallelujah Diet.
Distilled water will be the beverage of choice, but unsweetened herbal teas containing no caffeine, sweetened with honey, maple syrup, or stevia are permissible.
10 Tips for Success
- Limit cooked food to one small portion of cooked food following that large salad at supper time. (You can swap the evening meal with the noon meal if desired.) Acceptable cooked foods would include baked sweet potato, steamed veggies, whole grains, whole grain pasta, or some beans. Also, consuming some dietary fiber before the meal will slow the absorption of carbohydrates and thus hasten the full feeling. A serving of flax seed or B/Flax D would be helpful before a meal to hasten that full feeling.
- Minimize sweet fruits, such as bananas and dried fruits.
- Emphasize vegetables – emphasize the deep green leafy vegetables (kale, collards, spinach, lettuce, etc,) along with celery, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, etc.
- Minimize seeds, nuts and avocados, which are a high source of fat (though a healthy fat.)
- Drink lots of distilled water. Don’t drink water with your meals, but when it is not mealtime and you are hungry, water and lots of it, can help satisfy that hunger. The next time you get hungry drink 8-ounces of water and see if that doesn’t take the edge off your craving.
- Exercise daily. Start with a simple walking program, increasing speed and distance with each passing day. Exercise, along with lots of water, is an excellent help in quieting hunger. Exercise not only increases caloric burn during the exercise program itself, but as the muscles grow, this caloric burn continues throughout the day and night, literally 24 hours a day.
- Spend as much time outdoors as possible each day, trying whenever possible to get some sun on as much of the body as possible, and learn to breathe deeply, especially when out of doors.
- Do not eat anything containing fiber after 7:00 p.m. Water and herb teas and BarleyMax are permissible after 7:00 p.m., although for some, BarleyMax will make sleep more difficult if consumed too close to bed time, while for others it makes them sleep like a baby.
- Early to bed and early to rise is important, and when tired, if possible, rest.
- Keep a food journal, and become aware of your high and low times, and keep track of your progress.
For Those Who Have Already Lost Significant Weight on the Hallelujah Acres Diet & Lifestyle and Reached A Plateau…
The following suggestions may prove helpful:
- Eliminate carrot juice, and in its place drink green juices coming from leafy greens, celery, cucumbers, etc., along with at least six serving of BarleyMax daily.
- Eliminate all seeds, nuts, and avocados. (Flax seeds are allowed)
- Increase duration and vigor of exercise, and perform weight resistance exercises daily. This will speed up the metabolism, build muscle, and thus increase calories burned.
- Try a safe weight-loss supplement. Some have reported improved weight loss through the use of the product MAX-WLX, an all-natural weight loss accelerator that controls the leptin hormone. As a result, your body regains its sensitivity to leptin’s appetite-to-brain messaging system, helping you speed your weight loss efforts. (MAX-WLX is available from Hallelujah Acres)
- Try an iodine supplement for thyroid. We have found that with some who have followed the Hallelujah Diet and reached an impasse, a slow thyroid may be the culprit, and an iodine supplement may help get things moving.
Testimonies of others who have succeeded in losing weight and improving their health can sometimes be a motivator and encouragement. Here is a testimony that will hopefully encourage you to try for the first time or continue on if already on the Hallelujah Diet and Lifestyle:
“I just wanted you to know because of the information I received from you I have overcome high blood pressure, heart arrhythmia, obesity, and now sleep like a baby! I attended your seminar in Clinton, Iowa some years ago, but didn’t immediately connect with your message. Over time I bought a juicer and started half-heartedly to follow your advice. I have lost over 100 pounds, and walk one to three miles a day. I also have my wife on the diet and she has overcome hip problems and acid reflux. We also never eat after 6:00 p.m. Our Jack Russell Terrier also likes carrot juice and BarleyMax and he is one healthy dog! You have made a difference in our lives and I know your following will grow. Thanks again, and praise be to God and His plan for mankind.”
Jack, Morrison, Illinois
Hallelujah Acres to the Rescue
The Hallelujah Diet and Lifestyle we proclaim here at Hallelujah Acres is based on God’s original Genesis 1:29 Garden of Eden Diet, the diet God gave to Adam and Eve in that garden, and is the lifeline being offered God’s people for this day in which we live.
And this lifeline is available to “Whosoever will, may come”, Christian or even non-Christian. This lifeline has the power to restore the health and waistline of almost anyone who will grab hold of it.
And for most reading this, your health and waistline can be restored and you can become a strong, physically active, and healthy soldier in God’s army – a soldier fit for the Master’s use. Won’t you join me, Rhonda, and Hallelujah Acres and become a part of this “Healthy Army of God”? Please say “YES.”
To be continued . . .