The Standard American Diet, also referred to as SAD – talk about fitting – is unfortunately made up of the most common eating habits in the country. Instead of opting for the healthy, organic choices provided by God himself, those following SAD depend on unnatural, unhealthy processed options made with harmful ingredients that deteriorate overall health and well-being. These same individuals are not only relying on fast food for fuel, but they’re also eating substantial portion sizes that increase their risk for developing chronic conditions, wrecking their immune systems and gaining unnecessary weight.
The Truth About SAD
The Standard American Diet is comprised of a variety of elements that make it so dangerous. What’s worse, is most people following these eating habits are hurting their bodies three or more times a day, per each meal they consume. Here’s what makes the SAD so harmful:
- It’s high in animal fats.
- It’s high in saturated, hydrogenated and trans fats.
- It’s high in processed ingredients.
- It’s low in fiber.
- It’s low in complex carbohydrates.
- It’s low in natural, plant-based choices.
With these elements, Americans can’t expected to get any of the vitamins, minerals and necessary nutrients they need to live long, healthy lives.
Conditions Acquired From Following SAD
Think about America’s current health care system. So much money is spent on cancer research, treating patients and giving them prescribed medications to get better, while these sick individuals are continuing to ruin their bodies with SAD foods. If more people fueled their bodies with the natural, organic sustenance that derives from plant-based eating habits, they’d be less likely to develop:
- High blood pressure.
- High cholesterol.
- Negative oral conditions.
- Heart disease and stroke.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Eating disorders.
- Poor eyesight.
- Severe allergies and sinus issues.
- Digestive problems.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Certain cancers.
Sadly, the list goes on, but that should be enough proof for you to understand just how harmful America’s standard eating habits are.
Foods to Avoid
To experience maximum health and wellness, we recommend following a plant-based diet that’s rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients from the natural sustenance provided by God. Eliminating the following foods from your eating habits will reduce your risk for developing the previously mentioned conditions and diseases and improve your overall health and longevity:
1. Animal sources – Dairy products and meats have no dietary fiber. They’re also acidic and contain antibiotics, which can cause hormone imbalances. Animal fat found in meat and pasteurized milk increases blood pressure, which could increase heart attack and stroke risk.
“Sugars are known to completely compromise the immune system. “
2. Refined sugars – Sugars are known to completely compromise the immune system. They offer no nutritional benefit whatsoever as they have no enzymes, vitamins, minerals or fiber. They are extremely acidic, deplete your body’s resources and cause weight gain when consumed.
3. Refined grains – Refined grains lack the mineral-rich bran and vitamin-rich germ, reducing their nutritional content and making it easy to over consume them, causing weight gain and constipation.
Trusting in God and Following the Hallelujah Diet
At the end of the day, health is a matter of choice. Your body is going to grow and thrive successfully based on how you treat it. You’re given many choices in life, and by taking the best route you will instill your true destiny.
Deuteronomy 30:19 – “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.”
God has given all of us the opportunity to choose our own fate in life. When you take control of the way you eat, refusing to follow today’s common dietary habits and instead trust in Him and all He’s provided, you’re fueling your body to live your healthiest, fulfilling life. Not only will you notice your body looking and feeling better, but any physical problems you may live with will subside.
If you’re not already following the Hallelujah Diet, now’s a great time to give it a try. Dozens upon dozens of Americans have made the change in their life and noticed a significant difference, then shared their stories of restored life with us. Look through our database of testimonies for motivation and inspiration to take back control and live your life to the fullest.