In my numerous seminars through the years, thousands of people have approached me with one of the books I have written in hand and asked if I would autograph it for them. Of course I have obliged by autographing their book. Under my autograph I always share Romans 12:1-2…
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:1-2)
To whom is God directing this portion of scripture?
Obviously, this Scripture is being directed to the born-again, blood washed believer in Jesus Christ! How do we know this? Because it says: “I beseech you therefore, brethren.”
And what is the subject of this directive?
Clearly it is talking about our individual bodies. “That ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God.” In other words, we are to surrender control of our body over to God. This verse says that doing so is only our “reasonable service.”
And what is the warning?
That we should not to be “conformed to this world” in how we take care of our physical bodies! Note the connecting word “and”. Verse 2 is clearly talking about the subject of verse 1, which is proper care of our bodies.
In the last two Health Tips, #715 and #716, I spoke extensively about Health Insurance and how Christians, rather than taking responsibility for our own health as God commands, have done the exact opposite. We have “conformed to this world.” We have been duped by the world into trusting its system called “Health Insurance” rather than taking charge and being responsible for our own health.
Here Is Where We Stand Today
The Christian community eats the world’s SAD diet, not the diet we are instructed by God to do in Genesis 1:29.
“And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat (food).”
As a direct result of eating the world’s SAD diet, we get sick! There is an irreversible natural law involved here. “Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap”(Galatians 6:7).
After we get sick because of placing things into our bodies that God never intended, what do we do? Do we take back control of our bodies so we can recover from these physical problems using natural means? Oh, No! We run to get some prescription drugs. This very practice is condemned by God in Revelation 18:23. “…for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.”
The word “sorceries” in this verse comes from the Greek word “PHARMA-keia” from which we derive the word “PHARMA-cy” and “PHARMA-cist.” And what does a Pharmacist dispense in a Pharmacy? Drugs!
Do you think drugs are of God or are they of this world? We warn our children against the drugs of alcohol, nicotine, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc. However, if a drug prescribed by the doctor and paid for by Health Insurance, we see no problem placing it in our body.
Drugs Are Not the Answer
Prescription drugs, even if paid for by Health Insurance, are not the answer to the health of God’s people! Nor are they capable of restoring health.
Turning responsibility for our own health over to the world has serious consequences.
World’s Inability to Restore Health
The Bible warns us of the world’s inability to restore health to an individual in Mark 5:25-26:
“And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, and had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse”
For proof that the world’s system is incapable of restoring or maintaining health, just look at the state of health of the people in your church. What is the subject of the majority of the prayers?
Does not sickness abound? Did not the people we pray for go to the doctor, take their medicine and often have it all paid for by health insurance?
Are they getting better or are they time and time again getting worse? Each doctor and hospital visit they make brings them closer to the funeral. Then we lament that they were too young to die.
This my friends is the world’s way.
A Better Way
There is a better way to deal with our physical problems. I call it “God’s way!”
Reject the world’s way and take responsibly for your own health. That’s what I did 35-plus years ago. Millions of Christians around the world are doing it today.
You can read the results in the abundance of testimonies found in these weekly Health Tips, or by visiting Hacres.com for thousands more in over 100 different categories.
God Designed Our Bodies for Health
God did not design our bodies to ever experience sickness and cancer. When the body is nourished the way God tells us in Genesis 1:29, the immune system remains strong and protective, and the body remains healthy. Thus, a strong immune system cancer-proofs a body.
The immune system even has the ability to go far beyond just preventing cancer. Rebuilding the immune system actually provides a body the best chance of surviving a cancer even after it has been diagnosed.
A strengthened immune system gives us the best chance of restoring the body to wellness from most other physical problems as well.
That brings us back to the subject of this week’s Health Tip. I want us to understand what elements weaken and destroy the immune system and what restore it to a protective state.
What Weakens the Immune System?
- Refined Sugar – Refined sugar is an immune system suppressant! It hinders or destroys the immune system’s ability to protect a person from germs, viruses, bacteria, cancer, etc. Every time a person drinks a soda pop or eats candy, donuts, cake, pie, pastry or anything else containing refined sugar, they are disabling their immune system, making it less protective.
- Standard American Diet (SAD) – Our body cells are dependent on the nutrients made available from the foods we eat. The SAD does not provide our body cells with quality building materials. Without them there is a slow degeneration and deterioration of the entire cellular structure of the body, including the immune system.
- Cow’s Milk is responsible for most of the congestion and allergy problems people experience – children and adults. It is also responsible for many ear infections in children. Cow’s milk suppresses an infant or child’s immune system. Alternatively, Mother’s breast milk, vegetable juice and BarleyMax, are huge factors in building the infants or child’s immune system. Cow’s milk, organic or not, is a dangerous substance to place into the body of any human. God designed cow milk to nourish a 100 pound calf at birth and grow it to 2,000 or more pounds at maturity. He did not design cow’s milk for human consumption.
- Vaccinations – The number of immune destroying substances found in vaccinations is staggering. Detergents, formaldehyde, microbes, antibiotics, chemicals, heavy metals and animal byproducts, just for starters. We need to realize that when we allow these toxic substances to be injected into our bodies we are doing great harm to the immune system.
- Suppression Of Childhood Diseases – Suppression of childhood diseases through unnatural immunization (vaccinations) and drugs weakens the immune system. This puts the child at greater risk for eventually developing cancer and other serious physical problems.
- Early Puberty – God designed the female body to begin naturally producing estrogen after the age of 15. That’s when God designed puberty to begin. Today, puberty is beginning in little girls as young as 8 years of age. Why? The growth hormones (estrogen) found in the animal flesh, dairy, and soy jumpstart puberty. In addition to causing monumental social problems, this increases the risk for future breast cancer development. Research reveals that the earlier puberty occurs, the greater the risk for developing cancer later on.
- Dehydration – Most people do not drink enough purified water. Drinking liquids such as coffee, caffeinated teas, sodas, energy drinks and alcohol rather than providing the body with hydrating liquid only causes further dehydration.
- Routine Cancer Screening – Mammograms have never been proven to be safe or to prolong the life of a person. Rather they often lead to unnecessary surgeries while potentially activating otherwise dormant or benign conditions. Prostate Cancer Screenings do nothing but put money in the medical community’s pocket. These PSA tests have led many healthy men to undergo needless surgeries, severely damaging their quality of life.
- Colonoscopies can lead to perforation and bleeding of the colon wall, infections, and even death. Also, during the procedure, patients are given toxic drugs which further suppress and weaken the immune system.
- Other Immune System Killers
- Obesity and carrying excess weight
- Smoking (nicotine and marijuana)
- Drinking alcohol and the use of other drugs
- Drinking chlorinated and fluoridated water
- Dying of hair (the toxic dyes are absorbed into the blood stream)
- Consuming artificial sweeteners and foods containing MSG
- Eating French fries and other fried foods.
- Watching television for extended periods of time
- Sitting in front of a computer without protection for long periods
- Playing video games for long periods of time
What Strengthens the Immune System?
- Proper Diet – The most powerful rebuilder and maintainer of the immune system is proper diet! Our experience here at Hallelujah Acres has revealed that the most powerful immune system rebuilding diet available would consist of: approximately 85% raw plant foods along with about 15% cooked plant foods. Fresh vegetable juices are the most powerful cell building and immune system restoring foods we are aware of. Raw, organic green grass juice powders such as BarleyMax provide immune system cells with some of the greatest building materials, in convenient form, that we are aware of.
- Exercise – You have perhaps heard the phrase “use it or lose it.” That certainly is true concerning these physical bodies. God designed us to be almost constantly moving during our waking hours. Most of our forefathers were farmers and received daily vigorous exercise. Most people today are “couch potatoes” and receive little if any exercise. Vigorous daily movement of the body is as necessary in maintaining or strengthening the immune system as proper diet.
- Oxygen – God designed the physical body to be constantly taking oxygen into it with every breath. It is called the “breath of life” in Genesis 2:7. Just as the “life of the flesh in the blood,” the body cannot live without oxygen. A couch potato takes in very little oxygen and that leads to a weakened immune system. A well exercised body takes in copious amounts of oxygen and contributes to a strengthened and strong immune system.
- Sun – All life originated with the Son!
“All things were made by him (Jesus – the Son), and without him was not anything made that was made.” (John 1:3)
Jesus is the Creator, but He placed the Sun in the firmament with a purpose: “to give light upon the earth and to rule the day” (Genesis 1:14-18). All cell building nutrients come from the effects the Sun has upon the green plants through the process of photosynthesis. When we consume plant foods in their raw state we energize our bodies with the Sun’s energy (just like when we pray we energize our life with the Son’s power). When we fail to consume these energized plant foods, we weaken our immune system. The body also has need of the Sun’s rays falling upon its skin. Failure to provide the body with sunlight further weakens the immune system. If adequate sunlight is not an option, then supplementation with Vitamin D3 is imperative.
- Rest – It is only while a person is sleeping that the body does its repair work. The most important hours of repair are the hours before midnight. In fact, some say that every hour before midnight is equal to two hours after midnight in repair ability. Ideal sleeping conditions would include a dark and quiet room with fresh air and burdens left with the Lord kneeling beside the bed before entering it. Most people require seven to nine hours per night of restorative sleep to maintain a strong immune system.
- Supplements – To help maintain a strong immune system or help rebuild a weakened one, there are several supplements that can help. BarleyMax, Vitamin B12, Omega 3 fatty-acid, Vitamin D and Iodine are the important ones.
The Choice Is Yours
In the book of Deuteronomy we read these words:
“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.” (Deuteronomy 30:19)
It has been over 35 years, since being told I had colon cancer. I was given the choice of going the world’s way or God’s Way as a means of dealing with that cancer. I am so glad I chose God’s Way!
At the age of 42 I chose life by immediately changing my diet and lifestyle. My immune system was rebuilt using Genesis 1:29 foods, an abundance of vegetable juices and exercise.
The result is that I am still alive well over 35 years later and as I near my 80th birthday.
Now It Is Your Turn
Will you choose God’s Way of life or will you continue to take your chances going the world’s way? Will you “present your body” to God as He asks in Romans 12:1 or will you stubbornly head down a dangerous path?
I pray that you will choose God’s Way and life.