In last week’s Health Tip we talked about the Hallelujah Recovery Diet (Part 1), a diet designed specifically for those who need to more aggressively support their body’s self-healing efforts when dealing with a life-threatening physical problem, such as cancer.
In this Health Tip we are sharing (Part 2) of The Recovery Diet — but first we need an understanding of why the nutrients in the Recovery Diet have such a powerful affect on restoring health. Because without an understanding of what is happening at the cellular level we will not be able to appreciate the amazing power of the nutrients found in the foods, juices and supplements of the “Recovery Diet”.
The KEYS that unlock the door to Restored Health
In order to understand how the Recovery Diet works, we need to understand what will be happening at the cellular level of the body when we apply the principles that led to the creation of the “Recovery Diet”.
Here is the basis for this understanding:
“Our body is a living organism comprised of living cells that were designed by God to be nourished with living foods (raw, plant-sourced foods). All cooked foods are dead foods and thus incapable of properly nourishing the living cells of which our body is made.”
It is interesting to note that all animals in the wild, from creation to this present day, instinctively eat their food raw, as served up by nature.
Animals in the wild rarely get sick – but domesticate a wild animal and feed it cooked, boxed, and canned foods, and they develop the same types of physical problems humans experience.
God so made us that these living cells which comprise our entire physical body are constantly in the process of dying and replacing themselves over varying amounts of time. Many blood cells replace daily; taste buds take about two weeks to replace; we replace the entire outer layer of skin in about four weeks; and it takes about a year to replace our bone structure.
Here is the exciting news: These living cells which make up our body are constantly in the process of dying and replacing themselves at the rate of approximately 300 million per minute of every minute of every day of our life. In other words, our body is constantly in the process of regeneration and renewal. That’s how God made us!
As old cells die and are replaced with new cells, the quality of the new cell replacing the old cell is totally dependent on the building materials (nutrients) we provide those cells as they die and replace. That places us in almost complete control of the quality of these new cells that are replacing the old cells.
In other words:
“What we eat today will determine our body’s composition and health tomorrow!”
The Secret To Proper Cell Nourishment
Superior quality building materials coming from raw, plant-sourced foods, especially in the form of raw vegetable juices, green smoothies, blended salads, and supplements provide the quality nutrients the body will use to produce a new cell of superior quality to the cell it is replacing!
The Importance Of The Immune System
God has blessed each of us with an immune system designed by God to protect us from germs, viruses, bacteria, and even cancer. But when our immune system has been weakened by failing to keep the immune system strong with good nutrition so that it can protect us as God designed, a weakened immune system allows disease and cancer to get a foothold and grow.
Rather than doing further damage to the immune system than has already been done prior to the cancer discovery due to poor diet and lifestyle — and then further weakening the immune system with toxic drugs and radiation — let’s instead provide the body with the nutrients it needs to rebuild the immune system so that our immune system cells have available the nutrients needed in order to rebuild the immune system.
That is the whole approach of the Hallelujah Acres Recovery Diet!
The Recovery Diet systematically removes those things that hinder the body’s ability to heal itself, while at the same time providing the body the very best nutrients the body needs in order to give the body the very best chance of ridding itself of disease, using its own self-healing immune system, built-in by God.
The Hallelujah Acres “Recovery Diet” has no ability to heal anyone of anything (only the body itself has that ability). This Recovery Diet does, however, have the ability to enhance the body’s self-healing abilities by aggressively providing the body with the resources needed to rebuild and thus strengthen the immune system.
As the immune system is strengthened and restored to its God-given ability to heal with these resources, the strengthened immune system then has the ability to seek out and destroy cancer cells all by itself without any help from cell destroying modalities of chemotherapy and radiation that further suppress the immune system.
The Hallelujah Recovery Diet Explained
The Recovery Diet is a diet designed especially for those who need more aggressive nutritional support of the immune system than the regular or “maintenance” Hallelujah Diet provides.
Before we can consider the Recovery Diet in more detail we must lay some foundational truths. An understanding of what is happening at the cellular level of the body is imperative no matter what modalities a person chooses in dealing with any physical breakdown, but especially when dealing with cancer.
Knowledge is power and knowledge places a person in much greater control of their situation.
First, Do No Harm
All too often, people dealing with cancer feel frightened and helpless when they get their diagnosis. Their fear and lack of knowledge compels them to accept whatever the traditional medical community recommends, not knowing the ramifications of that decision.
The right to make a decision about his or her health care should always be retained by the suffering individual. However friends and loved ones of the person dealing with cancer also need knowledge because in their possible ignorance, they may encourage a cancer victim to go the traditional medical route to the cancer victim’s detriment.
Before a person submits to chemotherapy or radiation, they, along with friends and loved ones, should make themselves fully aware of how these medical modalities will affect the body of the suffering individual at the cellular level.
They need to determine whether a particular modality strengthens the immune system so that the body can better fight and win the battle, or whether it further weakens an already compromised immune system, making it more difficult for the body to win the battle. The Hippocratic Oath states: “First, do thy patient no HARM!”
Why Every Second Counts
On the Recovery Diet we begin by adopting the basic Hallelujah Diet in its entirety as described in previous Health Tips. This basic Hallelujah Diet contains the nutrients the body desperately needs to begin rebuilding the immune system so it can begin fighting the cancer battle.
However, with the Recovery Diet we are going to enhance nutrient intake in a dramatic way by adding additional nutrients and supplements. The goal is to rebuild the immune system more rapidly by providing the body with all the possible tools we are currently aware of that the body needs to win the battle to restored health.
To accomplish a more rapid rebuilding of the immune system we are going to increase the vegetable juices from three servings a day as found in the basic Hallelujah Diet to six servings a day, while increasing the BarleyMax servings from the three to six per day also.
We have found these two juices to be the most powerful forms of nutrition we can provide the body, in order to rebuild a weakened immune system as rapidly as possible. With an enhanced immune system, the body has a much greater ability to fight and win its war on those cancer cells.
As the immune system is restored to its self-healing ability, then the body has the capability of searching out the cancer cells so that the healing process can begin.
In fact, had the body’s immune system been kept strong through good nutrition in the first place; the cancer would most likely never have been able to develop and manifest.
A Daily Schedule
On the Recovery Diet, the 12 juices described above (6 BarleyMax and 6 vegetable juices) are consumed on an hourly basis upon arising. For example, at 7:00 a.m., BarleyMax, followed by a veggie juice at 8:00 a.m. and then alternating a juice and BarleyMax every hour until noon. Stop the juices for an hour at lunch time and enjoy lunch.
Then, throughout the afternoon, resume alternating the juice and BarleyMax every hour until the evening meal. Then, stop the juice for an hour while you enjoy supper, and then finish alternating the juices hourly in the evening hours until all 12 juices have been consumed.
As we learned earlier, the cells of our body (including immune system cells) are dying and replacing at the rate of approximately 300 million cells per minute. As they die and are replaced, the quality of the new cell is dependent on the building materials available to them that we provide.
These juices are the most powerful cell building materials we are aware of. When these juices are provided the body on an hourly basis throughout most waking hours of the day, you can see how the immune system’s abilities to heal are enhanced.
“Dr. Kirschner (M.D.), in his book “Live Food Juices”, tells us that up to 92% of the nutrients in raw, freshly extracted vegetable juices, reach cellular level.”
Supplements have absolutely no power to heal anyone of anything, but what they do have the ability to do is greatly increase the nutrients available to the body, thus helping the immune system to accomplish its healing task more rapidly.
Another thing that is unique about supplements is that they have no toxic side-effects as do drugs. Here are the helpful supplements:
- Fiber Cleanse – As a person stops consuming the toxic substances found in the SAD diet, the body starts to release stored toxins. It is important that these toxins be eliminated in a timely and efficient manner through bowel function. Our goal should be two good movements daily. A good fiber supplement such as Hallelujah Acres Fiber Cleanse assists in the timely removal of these toxins.
- Digestive Enzymes – We want to enable the body to digest all food intakes in a timely manner for maximum absorption of the nutrients found in those foods. This absorption is encouraged by taking a Hallelujah Acres Digestive Enzyme capsule with each juice and 2-4 with each meal containing fiber foods for the first 3-4 weeks, followed by with each fiber foods meal consumed hereafter.
- Probiotics – Taking one Hallelujah Acres Professional Strength Probiotic capsule twice daily for 3-4 weeks will help rebuild a healthy balance of intestinal flora in the gut. After the 3-4 weeks, it is advisable to continue using 1 capsule daily in order to maintain that healthy balance of intestinal flora.
- Bio-Curcumin – Curcumin is the biologically active extract of the turmeric spice, which supplies the body with an abundance of free radical fighting nutrients and immune system support. Hallelujah Acres suggests one capsule of Hallelujah Acres BioCurcumin daily. This formulation contains the patented BCM-95 which is much more bio-available than traditional curcumin supplements.
- Iodine – Iodine supplementation supports the thyroid and immune system. Hallelujah Acres suggests 6-12 mg daily. Also include at least 200 mcg of selenium daily (selenomethionine). (Suggested reading: Breast Cancer and Iodine, by David Derry, M.D)
- Vitamin D3 – Vitamin D3 offers a broad range of health benefits especially for those fighting serious disease, but sun exposure is often not sufficient to meet the body’s need of D3. Recent research reveals that 5,000 to 10,000 IU per day of vitamin D3 may provide significant health benefits. Optimal blood levels should be 50 to 80 ng/ml. It is important to supplement with vitamin K2 when supplementing with large doses of vitamin D3 (included in Hallelujah Acres D3/K2 Supplement).
- Vitamin K2 – 200 mcg of vitamin K. Vitamin K1 is the blood clotting vitamin. Vitamin K2 has less impact on blood clotting as its primary function is to direct calcium out of the blood and into the bones. Most of the population is deficient in K2 and desperately need to supplement for a healthy cardiovascular system (free of calcium based plaque) and healthy bones.
- Essential Fatty Acids – When following a plant-based diet, it is important to ensure that a good source of essential fats is available. One tablespoon of flax seed oil (unless dealing with prostate cancer) in conjunction with one teaspoon Pharmax Fish Oil helps meet that need by not only providing Omega 3 fatty acids, but also the essential DHA and EPA.
- B12 – There is no B12 in any plant sourced food. B12 is found in algae, but only in an analog form, which the body cannot utilize. Hallelujah Acres has a sublingual B12 (methylcobalamin), B6, Folate supplement to assure the body not only has adequate B12, but also B6 and Folate.
When Dealing With A Life-Threatening Issue
When dealing with a life-threatening issue, it is imperative we give the body as much help as possible to rebuild the immune system in order to assist the body in performing its self-healing task. What has been shared above is the most up-to-date knowledge we have as to how to enhance the body’s self-healing abilities.
On the Hallelujah Diet website you will find the success stories of hundreds of people who were able to rebuild their immune systems by providing their immune system with excellent nutrition so that their bodies could fight the cancer battle and win.
For those interested in learning more about cancer and how to fight the cancer battle with good nutrition, I can’t recommend highly enough you view the DVD titled “Healing Cancer from the inside Out.”
Next week, the good Lord willing and if the creeks don’t rise too high we will return with another exciting issue of the Hallelujah Health Tip. Trust you will join us and that you will share these Health Tips with friends and loved ones.