Over the past few weeks, we exposed Satan’s Alternative Diet or as better known today, the “Standard American Diet” (SAD). When we compared the SAD with God’s Original Diet as found in Genesis 1:29, the differences were stark.
In these three Health Tips we shared how dangerous the SAD diet is — that it is the cause of most physical and many psychological problems being experienced today. Then we showed how by simply adopting God’s Original Diet, most of these problems can be eliminated and prevented.
Today we are going to take a look at the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
What Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)?
PPACA is a United States federal statute signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010. It is often referred to as “National Health Care” or “Obamacare” by the press.
This law requires individuals not covered by employer or government sponsored insurance plans to maintain minimal essential health insurance coverage or pay a penalty unless exempted for religious beliefs or financial hardship. A provision commonly referred to as the “individual mandate”.
The act also reforms certain aspects of the private insurance industry and public health insurance programs, increases insurance coverage of pre-existing conditions, expands access to insure 30 million uninsured Americans and provides insurance coverage to children who are on a parent’s insurance policy till age 26, all without any increase in cost to the policy holder.
PPACA passed the Senate late at night on December 24, 2009 (Christmas Eve) by one vote. It was an extremely controversial vote of 60-39 with all Democrats and two Independents voting for, and all Republicans voting against. It passed the House of Representatives on March 21, 2010, in another extremely controversial vote of 219-212, with 34 Democrats and all 178 Republicans voting against the bill.
A majority of the states, plus numerous organizations and individuals, have since filed action in federal court challenging the constitutionality of some or all of the elements of PPACA. The Supreme Court heard six hours of oral argument on March 26-28, 2012 and is expected to issue its decision by the end of June 2012.
Hillary Clinton First Proposed National Health Care
In 1993, First Lady Hillary Clinton pushed hard to promote a National Health Care plan for the United States. In January 1994, this editor wrote an “Open Letter from Rev. George Malkmus to Hillary Rodham Clinton”. This was also published in my book “God’s Way to Ultimate Health” in 1995.
Portions of my letter to First Lady Hillary Clinton follow:
I come to you as a citizen of these United States of America to offer a solution that is not only causing tremendous suffering to our people . . . . but is also bankrupting our great nation. Mrs. Clinton, I believe you sincerely want an answer to this dilemma, therefore I submit the following for your consideration:
- “Health Care is the largest failing business in America” says Prof. E. Cheraskin, M.D. of the University of Alabama School Of Medicine. The health care crisis is slowly bankrupting our citizens and our country. Costs for care are climbing four times faster than the rate of inflation. In 1992 we spent $817 billion on health care while in 1993 it is expected to cost $942 billion.During 1994 it is projected to reach $1 trillion and by the turn of the century $2 trillion. The plan advanced by you and President Clinton will not stop this constant increase in medical costs. Actually, it will accelerate the rise in health care costs as more and more people are brought into a system that has already proven to be a failure. (EDITOR – Health Care costs in 2012 are projected to reach the $3 trillion mark.)
- We are a sick nation even though we are spending more to treat sickness per capita than any other nation on earth! If our present methods of treating disease worked, wouldn’t our people be healthier? If our advances in medical technology were heading in the right direction, wouldn’t we be winning the war against cancer, heart disease and other killers? Consider these horrible statistics from the Statistical Abstract of the United States 2992, as published by the U.S. Department of Commerce: . . . .These somber statistics are strong proof that the health of the American people is not getting better regardless of how much money is poured into so called “Health Care.” Also, these statistics reflect the poor health of our population even though over 70% of Americans already possess health Insurance. Obviously, possessing health insurance does not produce health. Sadly, the very drugs and treatments administered by our health-care professionals are the cause of many problems. (Over 25% of all hospital admissions are the result of adverse reactions caused by drugs prescribed by medical doctors.)
- Calling your proposed legislation a “Health-Care Plan” is a misnomer! It would be more accurate to call the proposed plan a “Disease-Care Plan.” The plan you and President Clinton have advanced will not produce health. On the contrary it will continue to perpetuate the same status-quo of sickness and ill health we presently face while costing more and more money.
- Countries that have plans similar to the one you advocate (e.g., Canada, England) have found it to be an increasingly more costly plan that just doesn’t provide quality health care for all citizens as you say you want for the United States.
- Our present health-care system is geared to rewarding sickness and its treatment! It allows people that create their own physical problems by improper diet and lifestyle to be rewarded when they get sick by providing them with health care, often paid for those who take care of their bodies so as to maintain health. Your plan would also allow physicians, hospitals and drug companies to make even larger sums of money because your plan promotes and perpetuates the treating of symptoms rather than the prevention of disease. . . .
- The plan you and President Clinton advocate will increase our taxes and put ever more money into a failing health-care system that, by any standards, offers ridiculously high costs and pathetically poor results. This is a system we must reform rather than expand, if we truly want to improve the health of the American people.
IF WE ARE GOING TO CORRECT THE ABOVE PROBLEMS A RADICAL CHANGE IS NECESSARY – and it must be radically different from the wasteful, profit-oriented program that currently governs our health care system. Here is what I propose:
- SHIFT OUR EMPHASIS TO PREVENTION of disease rather than the current goal of merely trying to treat disease after it has occurred. The public must be told how to alter their diet and lifestyle so that disease is not created in the first place. This would be true health-care reform! The proposed health-care reform is doomed to failure because it is geared to treating the SYMPTOMS of sickness rather than the CAUSES of sickness!Dr. John Knowles, president of the Rockefeller Foundation says: “the next major advances in the health of the American people will come from the assumption of individual responsibility for one’s own health and a necessary change in lifestyle.”With knowledge, people would then be able to intelligently choose between a system that promotes wellness through proper diet and lifestyle verse a system that promotes disease and rewards an industry with a vested interest in sickness and disease. The Department of Health, Education and Welfare says: “it has become clear that only by preventing disease rather than treating it later, can we hope to achieve any major improvement in the nation’s health.”
- EDUCATE THE PEOPLE! True health-care reform will not result by rewarding people who continue their disease-producing diet and lifestyles. Any health-care plan that does not have as its primary goal the education of the American people as to what they should and should not eat to produce wellness will fail! This will only produce more physical problems and larger expenditures of money.Almost all sickness and disease is caused by improper diet and lifestyle, not by bacteria, viruses or genes as we have been led to believe by the medical industry. The way to restore wellness to the American people is to teach them how to eat and live so as to create wellness.Dr. Beverly Winikoff of the Rockefeller Foundation in New York said: “There is widespread and unfounded confidence in the ability of medical science to cure or mitigate the effects of such diseases once they occur. Appropriate public education must emphasize the unfortunate but clear limitations of current medical practice in curing the common killer diseases. Once hypertension, diabetes, arteriosclerosis or heart disease are manifest, there is, in reality, very little that medical science can do to return a patient to normal physiological function. As awareness of this limitation increases, the importance of PREVENTION will become all the more obvious.”
- ANY NEW HEALTH-CARE PLAN MUST BE ONE THAT ENCOURAGES HEALTH by rewarding wellness and those who maintain health. Most disease is self-induced by improper diet and lifestyle, thus, almost all sickness and disease is preventable by a diet and lifestyle that produces wellness.Any health-care plan that does not place the responsibility for maintaining health on the individual will fail! If you feel it is necessary to continue paying for the medical treatments of those who refuse to change their diet and lifestyle, then please reward those who do maintain wellness. A voucher system would be a tremendous incentive. Allot every American citizen X number of dollars a year for health care. If they don’t spend it, then send them a check each year for the amount not used.
- PRODUCTS THAT PRODUCE ILL HEALTH SHOULD BE REMOVED from the market place or heavily taxed. Let those who manufacture these unhealthy products and those who consume them help pay for the physical problems they produce. . . . . If we are going to improve the health of our people we must warn them of the consequences of eating things that harm them. Calling the public’s attention to the harm these products are doing by placing a tax and warning label on them certainly would be a step in the right direction.
- GOVERNMENT-CONTROLLED INSTITUTIONS AND AGENCIES must not be allowed to use their powers to promote sickness and disease! Some examples would be:
- Of the 129 state-accredited medical schools in America only 29 require a course in nutrition. Doctors receive an average of less than three hours of nutritional training in medical school. This is outrageous! Doctors must become promoters of health through diet and lifestyle rather than just the treater’s of disease! . . . .
- The American Dietetic Association (ADA) is responsible for preparing the diets and approving all meals served to our public schools, jails, hospitals and to the elderly. An evaluation of these meals would show that they are high in sugar, saturated fat, sodium chloride and white flour, while being of little nutritional value. . . . An evaluation of the meals served in our nation’s hospitals would reveal a menu that produces sickness rather than helping to heal those hospitalized. This poisoning of citizens through Government mandate and control must be stopped and the ADA must be required to teach dietitians the TRUTH about what is and what is not nutrition.
- Each year, the USDA buys $3 to $4 billion worth of surplus foods (with taxpayers’ money), which it donates to the nation’s schools. In 1991, 90% of the USDA surplus foods were eggs, high-fat cheeses, butter, ground port, ground beef and whole milk. If the USDA had gone out intentionally to obtain foods that would destroy the health of our children they could hardly have done better. This use of taxpayer’s money to produce sickness in the youth of America is intolerable and must be stopped if we want to improve the health of our children.
- We are spending taxpayers’ money to subsidize farmers to grow tobacco rather than vegetables. Then we pay for anti-smoking public education campaigns and treatment of cancer and heart disease caused by smoking. Why are we funding both sides of the war on cancer? If we are going to use government subsidies to encourage farmers to grow specific crops, these should be healthful products.
- Even the Food Stamp program needs to be re-evaluated. While not allowing Food Stamps to be used for the purchase of alcohol and tobacco, Food Stamps can be used to purchase products loaded with sugar and oozing with saturated fat. The Government of these United States has a responsibility to its citizens not to use its power to promote or subsidize products that harm its people!
- PLEASE CONSIDER MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND THE TESTIMONIES OF OTHERS WHO HAVE REGAINED THEIR HEALTH BY SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS A CHANGE IN DIET. . . . (For a listing of thousands of testimonies from people who have recovered from over a hundred different physical problems though simple diet and lifestyle change visit http://www.hacres.com/library/testimonies )
MRS. CLINTON, PLEASE INVESTIGATE WHAT I HAVE SHARED. Because of the financial profits from treating disease, you will find very limited support from those in the Medical Establishment for objective research into the benefits of preventative health-care based on changes in diet and lifestyle.
Modern science is learning much about the health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables, and the ways that vitamins, minerals and enzymes help our body to heal naturally. But still yet, most medical research is confined to looking for answers from pharmaceutical drugs, new surgical procedures, radiation, chemotherapy, etc.
In other words, things from which the medical establishment can make a huge profit. It’s sad to say, but the medical establishment has a tremendous financial incentive in keeping large segments of our population dependent on expensive surgical procedures, costly prescriptions and over-the-counter remedies consumed on a daily basis.
On the other hand, it is great when people are able to cure themselves simply by eating a natural diet and exercising. But this is an option discouraged in medical circles because there s no profit for doctors, hospitals, and drug companies.
Our present health-care system is geared to provide what is most profitable for physicians, drug companies and hospitals, not to what is best for the people of our great land. This, Mrs. Clinton, is what must be changed if you and your husband wish to implement TRUE health-care reform.
If the health of the American people is to be improved and if the staggering cost of health care is to be curbed, we must look outside the current and established systems. . . .
What I am saying is that almost all physical problems are caused by putting into our bodies substances they were never biologically designed to handle – substances that are actually toxic to the body. Just as our automobile will not run properly if the wrong fuel is placed in the gas tank, neither will our bodies function properly if the wrong foods (fuel) are put into them.
Almost all physical problems can be eliminated and perfect health maintained by proper diet and lifestyle!
If I can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to call on me. My life is committed to restoring our country and world to health and sane living.
Sincerely for a Healthy America,
Rev. George H. Malkmus
Fifteen years later, I wrote a similar letter to President Obama. This letter was written eight months before PPACA passed the Senate.
Next week the good Lord willing and if the creeks don’t rise too high, I will share what makes National Health Care so dangerous.