There’s no doubt about it: Carrots, beets and spinach are some of the most nutrient-rich foods on your grocery list, so why not blend them all up into one healthy, delicious juice? Our recipe for carrot, beet and spinach juice is consistently one of our most popular and highly rated juice recipes for the simple fact that it mixes a trio of tasty, feel-good superfoods into one drinkable delight. The result is a super-juice that brings many health benefits and makes getting your vitamins and minerals easy. Bust out your juicer, gather the fresh veggies and let’s get juicing!
Three Superfoods Come Together as One
For one glass of carrot, beet and spinach juice, you’ll need ¾ pounds of carrots, half of a medium-sized beet and a handful of spinach. Here’s why we chose these three ingredients:
- Carrots—Everyone’s favorite orange veggie, the carrot is jam-packed with beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants. Carrot juice makes a thick, sweet base for your juice.
- Beets—You simply can’t beat beets! These superfoods contain high traces of vitamin C, vitamin B6, phosphorous, folic acid and magnesium. Beets give your juices a deep, red tint and an earthy taste.
- Spinach—Arguably the most versatile leafy green, spinach is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, and iron.
Carrot, Beet and Spinach Juice Benefits
- Disease-Fighting Power—One of the things we love about these three veggies is that they all contain antioxidants, the small wonders that neutralize free radicals in the body and prevent or fight cell damage that leads to cancer, heart disease and other conditions. This is just one powerful antioxidant among many that help support your immune system.
- A Big Immune Boost—The three vitamins that are indisputably linked with a stronger immune system are vitamins C, B6 and E. Not only can these vitamins and antioxidants help ward off sickness, but deficiencies can actually make you sick. A glass of homemade beet, spinach and carrot juice contains 40 percent RDA of vitamin C and 25 percent RDA of vitamin B6, so drink it up when you’re feeling under the weather!
- Reduced Blood Pressure—This juice is packed with vitamin K1, a fat-soluble vitamin that plays a role in circulation. In fact, you’ll get 220 percent of your vitamin K RDA in one glass.
- Healthier Eyes and Skin—It’s not just a myth that carrots help improve your eyes. Beta-carotene, which is found in abundance in carrots, is a precursor of vitamin A, the vitamin that keeps our eyes and skin healthy. This vitamin is responsible for producing healthy mucus membranes and protective barriers to keep the eyes safe and guarded from bacteria and viruses. Vitamin A is a retinol—yes, the stuff they put into expensive skin creams!—and provides age-fighting benefits that keep skin youthful and healthy.
- More Energy—If you could drink a tall glass of healthy energy, wouldn’t you every day? In fact, carrot, beet and spinach juice is one of the closest things to liquid energy there is. It has ample vitamin B6, which is a key component to converting the food we eat into energy.
The Undeniable Power of Juicing
This veggie-rich juice is just one example of how juice acts as a powerful, convenient diet enhancer. Hallelujah Diet relies on plenty of fresh fruits and veggies every day, so we’re huge fans of juicing. Starting out with a juice cleanse is a good way to kick-start your healthy diet and get on the fast track to better health! Plus, there’s a good chance you’ll fall in love with healthy fruits and veggies you never thought you liked when you start adding fresh, homemade juices to your diet.