Whether you are young or old or somewhere in between, you are in charge of the rest of your life. You can choose the journey to optimal health or the path to sickness and premature aging, often accompanied by chronic disease.
Far more than exercise or any other factor, your diet determines how healthy or unhealthy you are, even if bad habits haven’t yet triggered illness. What you feed your body’s cells means everything when it comes to your health.
Our body’s cells are a lot like flowers in a garden.
When we nourish our cells with living nutrition, they remain healthy, beautiful and strong. And, when our cells are in good shape, we look and feel great. If we maintain a healthy lifestyle, we can dramatically slow down the aging process. We can remain vibrant, active and fully alert well into old age—with minimal aches and pains and quite possibly zero chronic illnesses.
However, if we feed our bodies too much processed, refined, fatty or otherwise unhealthy foods (the Standard American Diet), we dramatically increase our risk of fatigue, chronic disease and other ailments.
Did you know that poor diet is the #1 culprit behind these alarming facts:
- Most 21st century deaths result from chronic disease.
- Heart attacks, diabetes and strokes account for 52% of all deaths and cancers 38%—that’s 90% total.
- An estimated 120 million Americans have chronic degenerative diseases.
- Diabetes has increased 700% since 1959.
- 21 million Americans have arthritis; 50 million have auto-immune disease.
- Nearly 8 million children are treated with drugs for ADHD.
- Autism has soared from one in 10,000 to one in 150 in just 10 years.
- 12% of children under 18 have been diagnosed with asthma.
- Adult-onset diabetes has been diagnosed in children as young as eight.
- Obesity is the #1 health problem in the U.S. and is associated with a two-fold increase in mortality; obesity in children has increased from 4% in 1974 to 30% today; obese children are twice as likely to die before age 55 and obese female teens are more likely to die between ages 36 and 56.
- Meat eaters are three times more likely to become demented than vegetarians.
Ironically, even though we know more than we ever have about what we should eat—and what we shouldn’t—most people have poor diets. And that is the main reason why people get sick. Worse yet, our children often have those same bad diets. And, if the current trend toward higher levels of obesity in children isn’t reversed, the sad fact is that young parents today may live to bury their children.
But you and family members of all ages can reverse the effects of aging and enjoy vibrant life for your lifetime.
As we grow old, we don’t have to accept sickness, pain and low energy. Just as a diet full of animal products can weaken or kill us, a diet rich in vital nutrients can save and sustain us. But how?
The Hallelujah Diet is the ultimate anti-aging solution because it delivers everything the body needs to achieve optimal health.
Many people who have discovered the Hallelujah Diet have overcome major health issues, not with traditional medicine, but with a significant change in diet alone. Not only have they added years to their lives, but they have dramatically improved the quality of their life as they experience a new level of health and independence and can do most things that they could do when younger.
The Hallelujah Diet replaces animal source foods with a plant-based diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Among its many benefits, this diet is abundant in vitamins, absorbable minerals and enzymes that enhance:
- Elimination of animal protein and fat
- Absorption of living nutrition that strengthens our cells
- Hormonal balance
- A stronger immune system to fend off sickness
The Hallelujah Diet also:
- Optimizes the power of antioxidants. There is a significantly wider variety of anti-cancer phytochemicals in plants than you’ll ever find in even the best antioxidant supplement.
- Optimizes intake of omega 3 fatty acids. Among other benefits, omega 3 (known as the good fat) can lower elevated triglyceride levels associated with heart disease.
- Enhances vitamin D levels. Vitamin D deficiency and low levels of vitamin D are associated with most chronic diseases, and most people lack sufficient vitamin D. While we can get most of the vitamin D we need with a daily dose of sunshine, we may not get enough sun in the winter months. That’s why Hallelujah Diet recommends vitamin D3/K2.
- Optimizes Vitamin B12, B6 and folate which are important for rapidly dividing cells, nerve health, battling fatigue, helping the liver detoxify, reducing oxidative stress that can lead to inflammation and improving mood.
- Lowers glucose and insulin levels. Advanced glycemic end products (AGEs) account for many side effects of diabetes. Vitamin B6 helps to prevent AGEs but the key is to lower blood glucose levels through diet.
- Minimizes exposure to environmental toxins that weaken our cells and can trigger sickness including chronic diseases. Many people begin the Hallelujah Diet with a full detox to eliminate many harmful toxins.
- Exercise and maintain optimal body weight. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables simply isn’t fattening, so it’s easier to keep your weight under control.
Two other key components of healthy living and the Hallelujah Diet: manage stress and nourish your relationship with God, your ultimate healer.