In last week’s Health Tip, we discussed differences between tray grown wheat grass was when compared to field-grown wheat grass. Today I want to show you why BarleyMax — made with field-grown barley grass — is so exceptional.
BarleyMax: The One-of-a-Kind Superfood
BarleyMax is an exceptionally pure, one-of-a-kind superfood. It is a vital part of The Hallelujah Diet, and might I add, the single most important source of raw nutrients both Rhonda and I consume each and every day. Whether we are at home or away, we always have our canister of BarleyMax with us.
What I want to do next is take us step-by-step in its production from the sowing of the seed to the finished product and then share some of the unique properties of the finished product:
- We begin with organic barley and alfalfa seed – Alfalfa has the deepest root system of all the grasses and has the ability to grow roots as long as 100-feet into the soil to extract maximum nutrients and deliver those nutrients into the leaf.
- Grown at an elevation of 5,000 feet – The grass is grown in the Rocky Mountains in an old volcanic lakebed. The seed is watered with deep, mineral-rich well water and harvested just before jointing (the point at which the grain head begins growing). Previous volcanic activity leaves huge deposits of trace minerals in the soil of this lakebed from which the roots can draw nutrients. Most soils in the United States do not have this advantage and for sure this high mineral rich soil is not available to any tray-grown grass.
- Seeded in the fall — Grown throughout the fall, winter, and early spring months, the grasses’ roots have extended growing time to absorb maximum nutrients from the soil and to deliver these nutrients into the leaf of the growing plant.
- Harvested just prior to the jointing stage — At a height of 11 to 14 inches, just before the plant begins developing the seed, the grass is harvested when the leaf contains its highest amount of nutrients.
- Post-harvest production — After harvesting, the barley and alfalfa leaves are immediately transported to a facility for washing, using no harsh sanitizers or heat. The leaves are then juiced and the juice is reduced from its liquid form to a powder form by dehydration, all within a few hours of harvesting.
- Patented dehydration process — BarleyMax is dried using a patented process of dehydration that reduces the juice to a powder at just 98 degrees. Because enzymes do not begin to break down until temperatures reach 107 degrees, the enzymes and heat sensitive nutrients in BarleyMax are not damaged during processing.
Why This Process Is Important
- Unlike BarleyMax, many other juice powder products reduce the juice to a powder in a powdered milk factory using significant heat. This heat destabilizes the enzymes, requiring stabilizers such as maltodextrin and brown rice to be added in an effort to stabilize the enzymes.
- Maltodextrin and brown rice containing products require a larger serving size. Products containing these substances usually suggest a serving size of a tablespoon. That is because the product may contain as little as 52% barley juice powders with the remaining percentage comprised of maltodextrin and brown rice.
- Because the leaves used in BarleyMax are not sanitized and the juice has no enzyme destabilizing heat applied in processing, the friendly bacteria in BarleyMax is not damaged or destroyed.
- When a competitive product boasts that its bacteria count is less than that of BarleyMax, it is because the product has had heat applied in processing which has wiped out much of the friendly bacteria. Friendly bacteria are vital for gut health and integrity. Each batch of BarleyMax is checked for unfriendly bacteria.
- Because it contains no fiber, BarleyMax consists of 100% juice powder. Some barley and other grass powders contain not only the juice powder but also the ground up leaf, thus much of the product is fiber. Fiber has very little nutritional value. You can determine if a product contains fiber by stirring a serving into eight ounces of water and allowing it to settle. BarleyMax remains clear, while many brands leave fiber floating or settled on the bottom or both. This fiber serves as filler.
- Whole leaf products are closer to hay than fresh grass juice. Whole leaf products are much less expensive to produce because they still contain all the fiber. This makes the product predominantly inexpensive filler. Because the nutrients are locked inside the fiber of whole leaf products, few nutrients are available to the body for assimilation.
- The cost per serving is only 33 cents. The 8.5 ounce size container provides 120 servings at just $39.95. If you follow the suggested three servings per day on The Hallelujah Diet, the cost per day is just 99 cents. When compared to the cost per serving of other products, you can appreciate the outstanding value of BarleyMax.
I first learned about the grass powders found in our BarleyMax product in 2001 when Hallelujah Acres was offered a sample of a new barley powder that was about to be introduced to the public.
We asked Hallelujah Acres Research Director Dr. Michael Donaldson to test this new powder and compare it to other barley products on the market. We also asked him to test a sample of some barley powder that had been sent us about a year prior and been sitting in a plastic bag under a desk in a cardboard box.
The laboratory results were unbelievable. The product that came out head and shoulders above all competition was that neglected year-old bag of powder! It tested higher in anti-oxidants, enzymes, nutrient density and chlorophyll than any other product tested — and was unanimously chosen as our choice for BarleyMax.
God has been very good to us, not only for allowing us to learn of this superior nutritional product, but for allowing us to make this unique product available to the world. We currently ship BarleyMax not only to every state in the United States, but to over 100 countries around the world.
BarleyMax Is Loaded With Nutrition
BarleyMax provides a superior blend of naturally occurring vitamins A, E, and B9 (folate), protein, minerals including zinc, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and potassium, essential amino acids, chlorophyll, flavonoids, many trace elements, antioxidants, plus a high level of enzymatic activity that is necessary for building new, strong, healthy and vital cells in the body.
- Natural enzymes are preserved. As a result of low heat processing, the life force of the barley grass and alfalfa is retained for maximum health benefit.
- Naturally occurring vitamins are never isolated but always found in food as living complexes. These complexes are easily and quickly assimilated at cellular level, when consumed from a fiber-free raw food source like BarleyMax.
- Rich amounts of macro and trace minerals in balanced proportions give more co-factors for higher enzyme activity. Our research indicates BarleyMax has higher vitamin and mineral content than other powdered products.
- Contains chlorophyll, which has been shown to accelerate the healing of wounds with no toxic side effects; protect against chemicals and radiation; promote intestinal regularity, and build strong blood.
BarleyMax is the single most important, enzymatically alive, raw food Rhonda and this editor consume each and every day. Our first serving of BarleyMax is taken upon arising, and then another serving just before lunch and supper. Often, if a stressful situation arises or we need a pick-me-up during the day, an additional serving is consumed.
BarleyMax can be taken dry by just placing in on the tongue and allowing it to dissolve or it can be mixed with about 4 ounces of distilled water. Some folks find the taste unpleasant at first, but as the body becomes more alkaline they find the taste more pleasant. It can also be added to carrot juice.
Mint flavored and berry flavored versions of BarleyMax are available for those who have a problem with the taste. BarleyMax is also available alfalfa-free (“AF” variety) for those who have concerns about alfalfa. BarleyMax is gluten-free, kosher, 100% organic, non-GMO, and raw. BarleyMax is also available in capsules.
“I’ve been taking BarleyMax for almost 10 years. This is the only vitamin/supplement I’ve ever found that I truly don’t feel I can live without.
My family is into vitamins and I’ve often been on multivitamins and various other supplements trying to work on this or that little health concern, but honestly with 99% of those, I could never tell a difference whether I was taking them or not.
When I’ve ever had to miss a day or two of Barley Max in the past ten years due to travel, my energy levels dipped, my digestive system started getting cranky and I started feeling emotionally low and hungry all the time, etc. etc. You get used to the taste within a week max, and your body actually starts craving that grassy taste.
“I have been using Barley Max for five or six years. I can’t leave home without it. When I travel, it’s the first item that I pack. It’s done wonders for me, along with the juicing and salads. Never have a problem with bowel movements and have been told by the doctors that I have a beautiful clean colon.
In terms of mixing the BarleyMax, the little hand mixer that Hallelujah Acres offers, dissolves it wonderfully. I always have two or three available. Thanks Dr. Malkmus for introducing me to such a fine and healthy product.”
Georgina D., Bronx, NY
“This product I have used for the last 10 years and find it the best supplement out there. I have tried other products from health food stores and grocery stores but this one actually gives you results within the first 3 days of use.
It is thicker than most greens and a much richer flavor too. If you need a pick up or clearer frame of mind (and gut) or am just looking to enrich your diet I suggest you try it. The health benefits of using this are wonderful. The taste takes time to get used to but once you do your body actually craves it and I use a shaker cup when mixing it to get the best mix. Worth the investment.”
T. Fernel, Pennsylvania
“I have been using BarleyMax for many years and it is my daily booster. I start the morning with it before I have anything else. I rather like the taste, hate to take pills, so I use the powder. I have energy to spare all day, and don’t run down. Of course I am careful about what I eat also. I am 73 and so thankful to God for good health and this product to help me stay that way.”
Jacky M., Van Alstyne, Texas