“Dear Mr. Malkmus, I started The Hallelujah … and chose to follow The Hallelujah Diet because of its biblical basis.
“I was recently disappointed with your answer to the question: ‘Do you believe The Hallelujah Diet can cure people of serious diseases such as cancer?’ Your reply was: “No, I don’t believe The Hallelujah Diet can heal anyone of anything!” But this is not what your book says, or your websites or your lectures.
What do you believe? Why are so many people following the diet with hopes of improving their health? Are you now saying that improving our health by following The Hallelujah Diet is not possible? I am just concerned that I may have chosen the wrong diet.
Can you help me understand your reply?”
In the more than 20 years since Hallelujah Acres had its beginning on February 12, 1992, I have never said, not even one time, that The Hallelujah Diet would or could heal anyone of anything! By making that statement, I have been absolutely honest and upfront with people.
That statement also helps to protect me and Hallelujah Acres legally. If I said that our diet could cure someone of something, I could be accused of practicing medicine and making healing claims. Practicing medicine and making healing claims are privileges reserved by law exclusively for the medical community and ‘Big Pharma,’ the drug industry.
It’s a privilege that has been abused.
The medical establishment and Big Pharma do not want any competition. So it’s not surprising that, for years, traditional healthcare providers have taught that all other modalities (other than drugs, radiation, and surgery) are quackery, without merit, and worthless or dangerous. Unfortunately, as the result of money and lobbyists, the FDA protects the medical and drug interests rather than protecting the people from their abuses.
A careful review of my books, Health Tips, our website, or my lectures, will reveal that my answer to Carol’s question has been the same for the past 20-plus years: The Hallelujah Diet cannot heal anyone of anything. But if this is so, and it is so, what caused Carol’s confusion and led her to ask the questions she did?
“What do you believe?”
What I believe is that there is nothing we can put in or on our body that can heal! There is no carrot juice, BarleyMax, or diet that can heal anyone of anything! Nor is there a vitamin, mineral, herb, or any kind of supplement that can heal anyone of anything! Nor is there any homeopathic medicine, drug, radiation, or surgery that can heal anyone of anything!
Why do I say this? Because it is the body itself — not what we put in it or on it — that has healing power. And only when we (the possessors of the body) create conditions that are conducive to healing can the body do what God designed it to do, and that is to heal itself.
When a bone is broken, a doctor can align the bones, but it is the body that knits the bones back together. When a person experiences a cut, the doctor can sew the skin back together, but it is the body that heals the wound. All man can do is watch the amazing healing power to the body as it heals itself!
“Why are so many people following the diet then?”
Because this editor and The Hallelujah Diet teach people how to prepare their bodies to receive God’s miracle of self-healing. And when people apply the healing principles that we teach and bring conditions about within their bodies that makes it possible for the body to do it was meant to do, the body almost always does what God designed it to do.
That’s a great big “HALLELUJAH!”
We have received tens of thousands of testimonies from these people telling us that they have recovered from over 170 different physical problems as a result of following our teachings and applying these healing principles.
After just six months on The Hallelujah Diet, one gentleman reported a 60-pound weight loss and the disappearance of 28 different physical problems. Uplifting testimonies like these from people who have experienced healing motivate others to give The Hallelujah Diet a try.
By the way, this gentleman’s testimony was sent to me nearly 20 years ago.
He attended one of my seminars last year and not only confirmed his testimony, but went on to say that he is still on The Hallelujah Diet and said that not a single one of those 28 problems has returned and that he hasn’t been sick a single day since making the diet change.
Helpers and Hindrances to Self-Healing
Let’s review those things that HINDER the body from healing itself, followed by those things that HELP bring about the conditions needed for self-healing.
8 Hindrances to Self-Healing
- All Animal-Source Foods: If we want to bring about within the body conditions necessary for the body to heal itself, it is imperative we stop the consumption of all animal-source foods. Animal-source foods are the cause or a significant factor in most of the physical problems people experience. By eliminating all animal source foods from the diet, we eliminate almost any fear of developing cancer, having a heart attack, stroke, diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis, cardiovascular problems, heartburn, acid stomach, and more.
- Refined Sugar: Our immune system was given to us by God to keep us safe from germs, viruses, bacteria, and cancer. But refined sugar suppresses the immune system so that it cannot provide the protection that God designed it to provide. Refined sugar also acts like a drug within the body — and a highly addictive one at that.
- White Flour: Refined and bleached white flour, along with other ‘reformed’ grains, have had all the fiber and most of the nutrients removed during processing. Refined and bleached white flour is not only devoid of fiber and nutrients, but it also clogs up the system, contributing to constipation, toxic buildup, and other physical breakdown. In addition, refined flour and grains quickly convert to sugar in the body, creating the same negative impact on the immune system as refined sugar does.
- Refined Table Salt: The human body needs salt, but refined table salt is almost pure inorganic sodium and chloride, a form of salt that is very toxic to the body. It also contains chemicals to keep it from clumping and often contains sugar as well.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is an addictive and toxic drug that harms the body. It contributes to insomnia, damages the stomach lining, constricts arteries, and damages the liver and kidneys. It is also known to cause several kinds of cancer, as well as birthing defects.
- All Drugs: In Revelation 18:23, the Bible warns us of “sorceries”. That word would be translated as “drugs” in our English usage of today. These drugs include all alcoholic beverages, refined sugar, caffeine, nicotine, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and all doctor-prescribed and over-the-counter drugs.
- Lack of Exercise: The body was designed by God to experience daily aerobic physical movement. Without it, muscles atrophy, lymph glands fail to remove toxins from the body in a timely manner, insufficient oxygen enters the body, and the body and mind become sluggish.
- Stress: Stress has a very negative effect upon the body.
8 Helpers to Self-Healing
As we remove the hindrances to self-healing and provide the body with the substances it needs to rebuild its immune system, essential organs, and the self-healing mechanism designed by God, wonderful things happen. The body will almost always repair itself of whatever ails it.
Following is a list of helpers that will promote self-healing:
- Carrot Juice and Other Raw Vegetable Juices: Raw vegetable juices are the most powerful builders of the immune system. These juices go almost intravenously to the cellular level of our body, providing the body with the materials needed to rebuild the immune system, essential organs, and the body’s self-healing mechanism. BarleyMax is a convenient, pure, dehydrated, juice powder of organically grown barley and alfalfa grasses. Because high heat is not applied during processing, the enzymes in BarleyMax are still intact, and thus perform within the body just like those in raw vegetable juices.
- Primarily Raw Diet: The body is a living organism, comprised of living cells, and was designed by God to receive its nutrients in living or raw form. All cooked food is dead food, and thus not in the proper form to provide the body with the building materials it needs to keep the body’s cells strong and healthy. All animals in the wild instinctively eat their food raw and, by and large, never get sick. It is sad that we humans, despite all of our ‘intelligence,’ are not as wise!
- Physical Exercise: Without daily and preferably aerobic physical movement of the body, toxins build up within the body, contributing to physical breakdown. Muscles atrophy, the brain becomes sluggish due to lack of oxygen, and so much more. Exercise is almost as important as proper diet for self-healing.
- Pure Water: Approximately 70% of the body is comprised of water. We are constantly losing water through the urine, feces, sweat glands, mucous membranes, and even breathing. This lost liquid must be replaced on a daily basis. The purest substance we can consume to replace the lost liquid is in the form of juices found within the raw vegetables and fruits.The second best form of liquid is distilled water. Hallelujah Acres recommends adding a teaspoon of WaterMax to a gallon of distilled water to raise its pH into the alkaline range.
- Proper Rest: It is only during the sleeping hours that the body’s self-regenerating abilities are activated and healing takes place. Seven to eight hours nightly should be the minimum, and remember that each hour of sleep before midnight is equal to two hours of after midnight.
- Pure Air: Our cells thrive when they are well-oxygenated, so we should strive to breathe the purest air possible at all times. Increasingly, more people are moving from the city to the suburbs or country in order to have cleaner air to breathe. Indoor air often needs an air purifier.
- Sunlight: The body needs sunlight to shine upon it on a regular basis if we desire health. Sunlight helps build the immune system, provides the body with essential vitamin D (actually a hormone), energizes the body, and promotes healing. If sunlight is not available, it is imperative one take D3 supplementation. I personally take 5,000 IU of D3 daily to make sure my body is not lacking this important hormone.
- Trust in God: God is the Creator and sustainer of our life. With God as our constant companion and guide, the Bible says that He will guide us into all truth. “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go…” (Psalm 32:8)
In January 2013, it will be 37 years since I removed the hindrances to healing listed above from my own life, and added the helpers. On February 12, 2013, I will (Lord willing) celebrate my 79th birthday. Today, I not only have a healthy and muscular body, free of any known disease, but I do not have any aches or pains in my body. I can do almost anything physically I could do as a teenager, and my mind is sharper then when I was a teen.
For almost 21 years, I have been sharing what I have learned and experienced with anyone who would listen. Millions have listened and applied what I have been teaching. Tens of thousands have written to tell me that when they removed the hindrances to healing from their own life and added the helpers, they, too, got well from their physical problems and don’t get sick anymore.
If you are not already on The Hallelujah Diet, let me encourage you to give it a try! Hallelujah Acres is a Christian, mission-based organization that teaches health from a Biblical perspective. We’re trying to help the Christian community (and anyone else seeking good health) realize that God’s ORIGINAL diet, as given by Him in the Bible in Genesis 1:29, was and is God’s perfect plan for the proper nourishment of His human creation.
Multitudes have made the diet change that we teach here at Hallelujah Acres and have experienced normalization of weight, as well as the elimination of almost all their physical problems.