February 2 is World Cancer Day, which was established by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC). Whether you’re afflicted by cancer now, have survived it, know someone who’s suffered from it or haven’t had any experience with cancer at all, what does this mean to YOU?
We are all at risk. Cancer develops from a multitude of sources and it can affect any part of your body. Regardless of one’s proximity to cancer, it can touch anyone, including you.
Cancer is far more than a malignant tumor that wreaks havoc on the precious body. It affects its victims emotionally and mentally, and brings along, at times, continuous pain for the entire family or even community. The good news? Cancer is largely preventable and can often be reversed.
The UICC’s primary goal is to significantly reduce cancer-related illness and deaths by the year 2020. Their goal, while it may appear lofty, is absolutely feasible if everyone would take their health into their own hands and feed their bodies with excellent nutrition—things the body craves to reinforce its self-healing ability.
Before we get into how you can eat to beat cancer, here are a few facts:
Knowledge Is Power: Cancer Statistics
- Cancer accounts for almost 1 out of 4 deaths.
- In 2014, it was estimated that there would be 1,665,540 new cases of cancer.
- Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer among men.
- Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women.
Causes of Cancer
There are many types of cancer and many known and suspected causes. The American Cancer Society cites these potential causes as the top factors for getting cancer:
- Poor Diet
- Low levels of physical activity
- Tobacco Use
- Sun and UV ray exposure
- Radiation exposure
The Prevent Cancer Foundation straightforwardly states you can “reduce your risk for cancer by improving your diet.” Research has proven that nearly a third of cancer deaths are associated with one’s diet and physical activity.We believe that when taking into account lifestyle choices that it’s closer to 80% of cancers that could be avoided.
The Solution: The Healing Power of “Real” Food
Simply put, the strongest bodies are the most well-fed bodies. Unfortunately, modern diets are crammed with processed, fatty and sugary foods that considerably weaken your body, making it sluggish and less able to protect you. Your body essentially puts down its defenses. Fake foods also encourage poor decision-making by creating an addiction to certain substances, like sugar. It’s no wonder why it’s so hard to eat healthy after you start the morning with a butter-filled chocolate croissant!
On the flip side, when you nourish your body with raw, living enzymes from plants, your body supercharges its immune system and all your organs work in harmony to function at their best. Your body employs its newfound power to protect you, to repair you, to deliver a consistent surge of energy so you can continue making healthy decisions like effectively managing your stress and exercising consistently. There’s no doubt that eating clean is the key to everything that surrounds your health.
If you want to learn everything you need to know about how to prevent and combat cancer, read our Chief of Education Ann Malkmus’ book, Unravel The Mystery A: Simple, Effective Approach to Beating Cancer.
The Hallelujah Diet recommends eating an 85% raw/15% cooked plant-based diet. Raw vegetables are the key in building up your body’s defenses and giving it the power it needs to heal. Here are our suggestions:
- 85%: Fresh, raw vegetables, especially dark leafy greens. If you can, buy organic.
- 15%: Cooked whole-plant foods like yams, squash and beans, plus fruits.
- Fresh vegetable juices taken throughout the day help to feed the cells giving them what they need to rebuild and restore.
- Consume healthy fats, such as avocados.
- Eat a large vegetable salad with every meal – traditional, blended or as a smoothie.
- Complement your plant-based diet with natural, whole-food supplements that can be absorbed by the body rather than getting excreted in urine.
- Eliminate most animal products and reduce other fats. They can feed cancer growth.
- Reduce sugars to minimal intake. They, too, can feed cancer growth.
- Drink lots of water. Fluid intake should be a ½ oz. of liquid per pound of body weight (including juices). If you can, drink distilled water.
- Limit or, better yet, eliminate alcohol.
Don’t be intimidated. We’ve created an easy way for you to get started.
To kickstart your battle against cancer, we’ve created a special Cancer Get Started Kit so you can thoroughly fulfill your nutritional needs with 100% pure supplements that will support your body in various ways as it tries to restore health:
- 1 BarleyMax® 8.5oz and 1 BarleyMax® 4.2oz: Our signature product, BarleyMax is a pure green juice powder that bathes your living cells with nutrition to strengthen the immune system and boost energy. BarleyMax helps compensate for the nutritional deficiencies in modern-day fruits and vegetables.
- 1 Fiber Cleanse Green Apple 8.5oz : Fiber Cleanse provides a complete, full-body detoxification with a balanced blend of 28 herbs to help cleanse the colon, restore optimal bowel function and ensure the elimination of toxins from the body.
- 2 Bottles of Professional Strength Probiotics: Probiotics play a critical role in the development, support and function of the immune system.
- 4 Bottles of Digestive Enzymes: Digestive Enzymes help your body break down and absorb nutrients to ensure you get maximum nutrition from your food.
- 3 Bottles of Liposomal Vitamin C: Hallelujah Diet Liposomal Vitamin C is a lipid-encapsulated form of vitamin C that’s shuttled without digestion into the bloodstream, right into the cells of the body. It is the most absorbable, powerful form of vitamin C available. Liposomal vitamin C is amazing at strengthening the immune system.
- New Generation Bio-Curcumin: Curcumin helps support the body in maintaining healthy blood and circulatory function as well as healthy cholesterol levels. It helps with inflammation, which is another underlying factor associated with cancer.
- Vitamin D3 with K2: For centuries it has been known that D3 levels are related to bone health. The latest research, however, shows that Vitamin D3 deficiencies are also related to cancer, depression, back pain, impaired immunity among others. Hallelujah Diet Vitamin D3-K2 is a synergistic combination that supports the body in a number of special ways.
- Nascent Iodine: Iodine can be taken up by every tissue in your body and is crucial for the proper functioning of many organs, including your thyroid. Hallelujah Diet Nascent Iodine is specially formulated to ensure optimal use within the body.
The Unravel The Mystery book and companion recipe book are included in the Cancer Get Started Kit. Read how everyday toxins can hamper your efforts whether you are eating clean or not. Learn ways to eliminate toxins that are in your home, work and in your medicine cabinet. The book also helps you get started by providing a practical plan to follow each day. The recipe book will provide you with simple, easy recipes for juices, smoothies and salads focused on quality nutrition with every swallow. Checklists are also available to assist with implementing healthy habits into your life.
Hearing a cancer diagnosis can be terrifying, but there is no reason to live in fear. Whether following a traditional cancer treatment protocol or seeking alternative, less intrusive options there are solutions that are effective, affordable, and accessible. We have seen and heard from so many people who have defeated cancer simply by transforming their diet into one that offers complete and pure nourishment. Take charge of your health today and face cancer head on. We can beat this!