By joining in the raw food diet, you’ve made your health a priority. No matter what led you here, whether it was a medical diagnosis or just wanting to live a healthier lifestyle, we are pleased to provide the tools and guidance to help you along this journey. While a lot of living healthier is related to the food we eat, it is also related to how we treat our bodies. With this being said, you may work a job that requires you to spend an extended amount of time sitting behind a computer. This can be detrimental to your health and happiness, which is why we have suggestions for moving around in an office job.
When you have to log 8 hours on a computer, moving around in an office job is usually easier said than done, but it’s very important for your health in various ways to make sure to move around and not stay in one place for too long. Here are some of our tips for making sure you move around.
- Understand that moving around doesn’t have to mean walking around the office. There are many ways to move around while staying at your desk.
- Stand up and do some stretches at your desk. This is a great way to take a break from staring at the computer screen, and move those muscles that have been sitting idle. As humans, we aren’t designed to sit for long periods, but if you feel you can’t walk around too much, this is a great option. Do a quick jog in place or stand and reach up to the sky and stretch for a bit.
- Pedal while at your desk. There are machines you can buy that allow you to pedal like on a bicycle, without ever leaving your desk. This can be a great option to keep your muscles moving and keep you from sitting still too long.
- Take a walk. If you can, take advantage of taking a few minutes every hour to do a quick lap around the office. Go check in on a coworker or even grab a drink of water from the water cooler. Take advantage of your lunch break to get some fresh air and go outside for your walk. Gather a group of coworkers too and make it a group thing each day.
- Get a standing desk. If you have a standing desk or one that can change into a standing desk when you want, you can more comfortably and healthily work. Sitting can be very detrimental to our health, so it’s important that if you have access to a standing desk, you use it.
- Walk to a coworker’s desk for information or a question rather than ask them in a chat if possible. This gives you an excuse to get up and walk around and take a break from looking at your computer.
- If you can’t get up often, shift your position. Adjust your neck, roll back your shoulders, shift in your seat, something to keep you from sitting still and allow a little bit of movement.
You’ll find that you feel better after a day at work when you can move around more throughout the day or even stand all day at a standing desk. Your body will also thank you for making that healthy choice to do so.