We’ve had some requests for travel tips on The Hallelujah Diet.
And if you’re looking forward to traveling with family this summer, today’s post is for you!
We asked Scott Laird, a member of our marketing team (and father of two pre-teen kids) to share what he and his family learned about being on The Hallelujah Diet when they visited a Florida theme park last summer. Here’s what he told us:
- Theme parks are the world headquarters of the Standard American Diet (SAD), so plan each meal before you leave.
- Choose a hotel room with a kitchen if you can; our family made it work with a standard room with a mini-fridge (it was cumbersome, but it worked).
- Choose hotels with a free hot breakfast, not because you’ll eat the SAD hot items, but because these hotels have the best variety of breakfast fruit.
- For breakfasts, pack Ezekiel Bread to toast in the hotel’s breakfast area toaster, Earth Balance or coconut oil instead of butter, and bring some almond butter, rolled oats (use hot water intended for tea in the breakfast area) and almond milk.
- Give each family member two servings of BarleyMax before you head out for the day (it’s the only time you’ll get). Easiest way is to make a funnel out of piece of paper and pour it into bottled water.
- Bring lots of healthy snacks in a backpack for morning and noon at the theme park (Disney parks allow outside food), then pack one mid-afternoon meal (including a large salad) for lunch/supper in a cooler (keep in your car). Or choose a healthy restaurant or one with a big, healthy salad bar like Golden Corral, for example.
- Buy one 6-pack of bottled water (with sport bottle-style flip top) and refill with distilled water and Hallelujah Acres’ WaterMax supplement.
- If you can’t find healthy options inside the theme park, ask for a vegetarian option (it’s often not on the menu). Some theme park restaurants have a “fixings bar” for burgers – use it like a salad bar to complement your vegetarian burger!
Click here for more vegan vacation tips!
[quote]Share your best theme park travel tip! Comment below![/quote]