The long, dreary days of winter make the wait for summertime worth it. No more sitting inside watching the snowfall. Instead, you’re outside, basking in the sun while spending time with close friends and family. Plus, you get to enjoy the delicious cold treats that keep you cool and refreshed on a hot day.
This summer, don’t go back to the days of eating ice pops and ice cream loaded with processed ingredients and refined sugars. Instead, try some of our favorite plant-based refreshing summer treats:
1. Creamy Fruit Popsicles
What’s a warm day without an ice pop to cool you down? Try this delicious recipe:
- 1 cup almond or rice milk (made fresh or purchased)
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh or frozen concentrate)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey or other sweetener
- Popsicle molds and sticks
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse to combine until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Cover with silicone top or parchment paper, then insert popsicle sticks into the center of each mold. Place in the freezer to set overnight.
Once you’re ready to enjoy a popsicle, remove the cover and carefully take the popsicle out of the mold. Enjoy!
2. Tropical Protein Shake
A refreshing and delicious treat that tastes like an island getaway, this protein shake is perfect for refueling your body after exercising in the sun.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 to 1 scoop Hallelujah Diet Essential Tropical Protein Powder
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 orange, skin and seeds removed
- 3 brazil nuts
- 4 to 5 medium to large mint leaves
Place all ingredients in a blender, mixing until consistency is smooth and creamy.
Pour into a glass and enjoy! You may also create a spicy version by garnishing with a sprinkle of turmeric.
3. Berries with Turmeric Smoothie
Turmeric doesn’t only add kick to a smoothie – it also provides the utmost antioxidant protection for your system. Try this berry smoothie this summer!
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 large frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3/4 inch chunk of raw turmeric root or contents of one Hallelujah Diet New Generation Bio Curcumin
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until you reach a smoothie consistency. Add more water if the mixture is too thick.
Pour into a glass and head outside to enjoy this tasty smoothie by the poolside.
There’s no reason to stop following your plant-based diet during the summer. There are plenty of delicious and healthy alternatives for the fattening, harmful sugary snacks everyone else is eating. Look through our database of recipes for inspiration this summer!