It is convenient to throw some leftovers in the microwave if you are hungry, and many households use a microwave oven on a daily basis. People like the energy efficiency and fast results that can be achieved with a microwave, and it is considered a necessary appliance in the kitchen.
A microwave may be convenient, but there are some health factors that need to be considered. Even though "official" releases have stated that microwave ovens are safe to use, researchers have uncovered evidence which shows many reasons why you should be concerned about having a microwave in your home.
Why You Should Get Rid of Your Microwave
Here are some reasons why you should get rid of your microwave oven:
- Long-term consumption of food heated or cooked in a microwave can lead to brain damage because it causes electrical impulses in the brain to "short out."
- The microwave reduces the nutrients, such as minerals and vitamins that are in the food. So, every time you eat something that came from the microwave, you are missing out on the important nutritional benefits that were available before the food was put into the microwave.
- When vegetables are microwaved, the minerals are changed into free radicals which can lead to cancerous activity in your body if they are consumed.
- Eating microwaved food can impact hormone levels in both men and women. These hormonal changes can have a compounding effect over time, and might impact many other aspects of health.
- Microwaving food causes by-products to be present in the food, and the human body is unable to metabolize those by-products.
- Some researchers have suggested that there is a link between eating microwaved food and the increase in colon cancer rates in the United States. Microwaved food might increase the risk of intestinal and stomach tumors.
- Eating microwaved food can impact your blood serum levels and lymph glands, which affects your immune system functions. It is possible that microwaved foods can lead to immune system deficiencies.
- Concentration, intelligence, memory, and emotional stability all might be negatively affected by microwaved food.
As you can see, there are a number of potential health problems that can develop when you eat food that has been heated or cooked in the microwave. Even though your food might look normal, it has been altered by radiation and it is harmful to your health.
Other Lifestyle Factors that Increase the Risk of Cancer
If you want to improve your overall health and wellness, then you need to also consider other lifestyle factors that might impact your risk of cancer. Check out Unravel the Mystery, by Ann Malkmus, which is a full guide about how your lifestyle is increasing or decreasing your risk of cancer. Additionally, you might enjoy the Unravel the Mystery Recipe Book where you can find a number of recipes designed to help you minimize the risk of cancer.