Nothing says fall quite like a bowl of seasonal soup. Here are some of our favorite recipes to try while you’re wrapped up in a blanket on a crisp autumn night near the fireplace. You’ll surely “fall” in love with them:
Raw Cream of Carrot-Sweet Potato Soup
The color, taste and seasonal selection of carrots and sweet potatoes scream fall. Try our soup recipe that blends the two fall produce stars together:
- 4 carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 MSG-free vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 pinches fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 3 cups hot purified water
First, place all ingredients in your blender – preferably a powerful high-speed one to make it hot – and mix until smooth. This should take about 5 minutes. Ladle into a bowl and enjoy!
Raw Harvest Pumpkin Soup
What’s fall without the glorious taste, scent and vibrant color of pumpkin? Try this delicious raw recipe for your next dinner
- 3 cups raw pumpkin – peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 cups distilled water
- 1 orange – peeled, quartered and seed
- 1 red bell pepper – peeled, quartered and seeded
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels – thawed
- 1 teaspoon unfiltered honey
- 1/2 avocado – pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4-inch piece of ginger – peeled
- 1 garlic clove – peeled
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds for garnish
- 1 sprig thyme
Place all ingredients into a powerful blender, processing until the consistency is smooth and creamy. Distribute among four bowls, garnishing with pumpkin seeds and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
Bountiful Harvest Soup
A mixture of fall vegetables and seasonings, this soup recipe is sure to be a repeat lunch or dinner this season.
- 3 cups distilled water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots – peeled
- 2 medium red peppers – seeded
- 2 celery stalks – cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion – quartered
- 1 small garlic clove – peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and process until smooth and creamy. Evenly distribute among bowls and serve with homemade, organic bread or raw veggie crackers. Enjoy!
Mary’s Raw Apple Soup
A slight turn from the savory recipes, this delicious soup is sweet and seasonal.
- 2-3 large apples
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups distilled water, or organic apple juice
- 1 handful organic raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
First, dice the apples and celery. Then, place all ingredients into the blender and mix until smooth, adding more liquid if necessary to perfect the consistency. Distribute evenly among bowls and garnish with raisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
There are plenty more seasonal soups where these came from! Fall in love with food again by searching through our database of delicious recipes.