For healthy skin, hair, muscles, bones, and heart, our bodies need protein, and a meal that includes hemp protein powder is a great and convenient way to find that nourishment. Not only can a protein-packed breakfast prevent overeating, but a dose of protein will also help build and repair muscle tissue after a workout. This article highlights three major health benefits as well as three significant nutritional benefits of consuming hemp powder.
- Protects the brain: A study published in the journal Food Chemistry found in lab tests that hemp seed extract has antioxidant effects. These effects may result from the seeds’ cannabidiol (CBD) content
- Strengthens Immune system: The amount of protein in raw hemp protein powder helps satisfy your body’s need to build antibodies to fight infections.
- Exxcellent source of minerals: Research has shown that people who consume nuts and seeds, rich in protein and minerals, have better health outcomes than those who didn’t consume nuts and seeds, even among vegetarians and vegans.
- Hemp is a complete protein: It contains all nine essential amino acids which are the building blocks of protein humans must get from food. In fact, it is considered by many to be a superfood and the most nutritionally complete food source. Hemp protein is free of the oligosaccharides found in soy, which cause stomach upset and gas. Two tablespoons of raw hemp protein powder contain 7 g of protein.
- Nutrient Dense Food. Excellent source of iron, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese. Good source of thiamin (B1), niacin (B3), folate, zinc and copper. Other vitamins and minerals are also present, just as slightly lower levels.
- Raw, Organic Superfood. This is a raw, organic superfood. It is clean and pure with no chemical residues possible from a cheap extraction process.
- Fiber: Hemp seeds are a good source of fiber, with two tablespoons containing 2.5 g of fiber.
Best Source of Hemp Protein Powder
One of the best sources of hemp protein powder is Hallelujah Diet® Raw Hemp Protein Powder which is made with 100% organic, raw hemp seeds. Each serving is 50% protein and contains a rich amount of vitamin and minerals of which promote excellent health. It is much easier to thrive on the Hallelujah Diet when you include raw nuts and seeds in your daily diet.
Hemp seed is also highly beneficial for your immune system, containing the plant kingdom’s highest concentration of globulin edistin, an essential building block of the body’s disease destroying antibodies. Studies have found that hemp seeds boost energy, support heart health by improving cholesterol and blood pressure levels, control food cravings and improve the overall immune system. Hemp powder is easily digestible and rich in heart-healthy magnesium, folate and zinc, which are crucial to disease prevention.
You will find that hemp powder has a nutty, earthy kind of taste, more so than flax powder. Since it doesn’t taste good just mixing it with water like some protein powders, you might find it best used in baking or smoothie recipes. For exciting options, check out the Hallelujah Diet® Smoothies Hardcopy Book which has a collection of recipes all customized for The Hallelujah Diet and containing only the healthiest ingredients.
Berry Hemp Smoothie
To truly experience the benefits of hemp powder, here is a great healthy fruit smoothie for all ages. It is sweet, packed with nutrition and easily to put together in your kitchen blender, one of which can be obtained from the Hallelujah Diet®.
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any milk you choose)
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
To live a healthy lifestyle means making the best choices when it comes to nutrition. Hemp protein is indeed a superfood and an excellent addition to any diet whether you are vegan or not. It is easily digested by the body and is an excellent alternative to the many other protein powders on the market especially as it is entirely vegan, gluten-free and typically grown without pesticides.