Type II Diabetes is an ever-increasing problem in the United States and the number of people who are diagnosed with the disease each year continues to climb. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States and is a major cause of heart disease and stroke. Diabetes affects 25.8 million people, 8.3% of the U.S. population. Even scarier; 29 million people are pre-diabetic.
Diabetes doesn’t have to mean a life of insulin shots and disease progression. Modern research has now corroborated what the Hallelujah Diet has been telling people for over 20 years – that a change in diet and lifestyle can significantly improve and in many cases reverse diabetes. The American Dietetic Association’s states that “vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases.” More than 200 studies and papers were cited to support its conclusions.
The Hallelujah Diet has been used by people around the world for over 20 years as they endeavored to restore their health. Instead of looking at the symptom, it focuses on the root cause of the problem providing the most efficient and effective way to support the body’s self-healing ability. It was designed to address nutritional deficiency and detoxify the body simultaneously.
While traditional thinking pointed to sugars and carbohydrates as being the problem in diabetes, modern science has learned that animal fat is actually a primary factor.
In Type 2 diabetes, the problem is not a lack of insulin production but the cell’s insensitivity to insulin and the inability of the insulin to transport glucose into the cells where it can be utilized for energy production — and saturated fats from animal source foods are primary contributors to this insulin sensitivity.
As we incorporate a primarily plant-based diet the animal fat that has coated the cells begins to dissipate allowing the cells to function normally once again.
By incorporating a clean food, plant-based diet you provide your body optimum support as its innate self-healing works toward reducing or eliminating the diabetes symptoms that can dramatically affect your quality of life.
Consuming the Hallelujah Diet is an integral part of the Hallelujah Diet Diabetes Get Started Support Kit, which includes an additional, customized selection of supplements to support the body’s healing efforts when battling diabetes, specifically.You will strengthen your immune system, increase your energy and help support your body in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
As you begin to follow the Hallelujah Diet your daily food intake should include plenty of leafy greens, blended vegetables, freshly extracted vegetable juices, nuts, seeds and fruit (although nutritious, fruit should be limited to 15% of your total dietary intake). Fats and sugars should be minimized and animal fats should be completely eliminated, as they are the primary cause of Type II Diabetes. The optimal goal to supercharge your efforts is an 85% raw/15% cooked, plant-based diet fortified with clean water, exercise, fresh air, rest and stress management.
Whether you’re treating your diabetes through conventional or alternative means the Hallelujah Diet Diabetes Get Started Kit will put your body in it’s best possible state to augment that treatment.
Please note: Do not immediately discontinue your medications just because you start a plant-based diet. Closely monitor and adjust your medications as appropriate working with your health-care professional.
When addressing blood sugar issues it is critical that your body receives the best possible nutrition. The Hallelujah Diet is the perfect way to jumpstart your body’s amazing self-healing abilities.
To promote blood sugar health we recommend the following:
- Follow the Hallelujah Diet. This is a plant based meal plan that is 85% raw, 15% cooked (which is approximately 1 cooked plant-based meal per day). Eliminate all animal products including meat, dairy, eggs and cheese.
- Follow the recommendations in The Hallelujah Diet Refined: Maintaining Healthy Blood Sugar book included in the Diabetes Get Started Kit.
- Consume a large, colorful salad with every meal – this can be traditional salad, blended salad or smoothie.
- 2 fresh 8oz vegetable juices each day consisting of 2/3 carrot and 1/3 greens and other vegetables. Note: if blood sugar spikes consider reducing the amount of carrot or dilute the juice with equal parts water until the body begins functioning properly again. Also, adding a tablespoon of healthy oil like Udo’s Choice or Pharmax Fish Oil will slow down the absorption of the sugars and reduce a blood sugar spike.
- Limit fruit to no more than 15% of total dietary intake
- Water (1/2 oz of liquid per pound of body weight – this includes juices). We recommend alkaline and/or distilled.
- If on blood sugar medication, work with doctors to adjust medication to accommodate the improved function within the body. Note that everybody is different but some people see their blood sugar levels improve within just a few weeks.
The Hallelujah Diet has fundamental supplements to assist and accelerate your body’s self-healing properties. These supplements have been specially developed and selected to make a significant difference in a short period of time. These supplements combined with the diet outlined above will have you on your way to better health in no time.
The Hallelujah Diet Diabetes Get Started Support Kit includes:
- BarleyMax – Over the last 20 years we have found that one of the most effective ways to strengthen the immune system is by drinking the pure juice of young barley and alfalfa plants. Scientists have studied something called the grass juice factor as they have tried to understand why these particular juices provide such profound benefits. BarleyMax is the highest quality living juice powder and the most nutritionally dense product available. Its synergistic formula provides unparalleled results. BarleyMax has long been one of the cornerstones of the Hallelujah Diet System because of its ability to deliver life-changing results. Simply consume three servings throughout the day to strengthen your immune system, detoxify the body, boost energy and improve your health. You can enjoy three unique flavors, Original, Berry and Mint. It is also available in capsules. The signature product of the Hallelujah Diet, BarleyMax is a pure green juice powder and the most nutritionally dense broad-spectrum living food product available today.
- FiberCleanse –FiberCleanse provides a complete, full-body detoxification with a balanced blend of 28 herbs in a psyllium and flax seed base to help release stored toxins throughout the body, cleanse the colon, restore optimal bowel function, and ensure timely elimination of toxins from the body. As you are consuming the Hallelujah Diet, vegetable juices, and nutritional supplements your body will begin to expel dead cells and toxins. Achieving good bowel function is imperative to ensure timely and efficient elimination of toxins and two to three good bowel movements per day are optimal. FiberCleanse should be taken the first three months on the Hallelujah Diet. FiberCleanse is available in three flavors or capsules. Note:FiberCleanse should not be used by pregnant or lactating women. It is not designed for using more than three consecutive months.
- Simple Weekly Meal Plans recipe book, Volume 1 features 28 days worth of quick and easy, delicious, full course meal recipes customized especially for The Hallelujah Diet.
- The Hallelujah Diet Refined: Maintaining Healthy Blood Sugar – What is diabetes? Who is most likely to get the condition? What is the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes? And the most important question of all, how can we help prevent it or even equip the body to restore itself to a healthy blood sugar level and optimal health? In this easy-to-read booklet, Olin Idol, N.D., C.N.C explores the many faces of this potentially deadly disease. He discusses some fundamental steps that others dealing with various blood sugar issues have used in transitioning onto the Hallelujah Diet while maintaining stable blood sugars.
The Hallelujah Diet combined with the Hallelujah Diet Diabetes Get Started Kit provides a synergistic effect within the body creating an environment that can rebuild and restore health. While the diet and supplements experienced individually will provide significant impact, their combination creates an unparalleled outcome more quickly.