Are you ready? Most of us are not; but we should be.
That is, ready for a natural disaster.
This week, the American Public Health Association declared September 17 as “Get Ready Day” to promote the idea that everyone needs to be prepared for unexpected flu pandemics, debilitating storms, earthquakes, etc.
But if running out to the store right before (or even after) a major natural disaster is your idea of preparation, you’re not prepared.
What happens if you get to the store too late and all the food is gone?
What happens if it’s something you can’t forecast, like an earthquake or random power outage in the middle of winter?
What if it’s the better part of a week (or longer) before things get back to normal?
If you’re not prepared now, you may not have the chance to get prepared later.
Now, we’re not emergency preparedness experts, but we do know a thing or two about what it takes to stay healthy in the event that you can’t get to the store for an extended period of time. And when you’re stuck in an emergency, health is your most important ally.
Aside from perishable food, water, and a means to stay warm, there are a few health items you should always have on hand in an emergency “health kit.”
- BarleyMax: One of the widest spectrums of vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, etc in a single source. If food becomes scarce, BarleyMax alone can sustain your body’s need for essential nutrients for longer than you think.
- B-Flax-D: Emergency situations can disrupt your diet, causing constipation and host of health problems as a result. B-Flax-D will keep your bowels healthy, give you vitamin D for immune support, vitamin B12 for healthy blood, vitamin K2 for bone health, and omega-3 fatty acids for heart health.
- Serrapeptase: This natural, proteolytic enzyme literally eats inflammation, mucous, blood clots, etc. Great to keep on hand for injuries to reduce swelling and promote healing. Many people tell us they keep it on hand to reduce the symptoms of a head cold, too.
- Professional Strength Probiotics: Perfectly suited to an emergency kit with 18-month shelf life. Supports your immune system in case of irregular diet, and keeps friendly gut bacteria dominant to keep your body and mind healthy and happy.
- Silver Biotics: Unique silver solution that is effective against a wide range of bacteria, viruses, fungus, mold, and other pathogens. Makes a great antibiotic alternative.
None of these items requires refrigeration, so you can tuck your “Hallelujah emergency kit” in a closet, in the trunk of your car, or pretty much anywhere.
Be sure to rotate your stock of items that you use regularly to maintain freshness. For example, the next time you buy BarleyMax, don’t open the new container; instead, start using the BarleyMax you already have in your emergency kit and replace it with newly purchased container. This way you’ll always have fresh emergency items on hand.[quote]What’s in your emergency kit?[/quote]