Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) also known as Irritable Bowel Disorder (IBD) and Crohn’s Disease are painful digestive tract issues. They exhibit similar symptoms, which include persistent diarrhea, constipation, cramping and abdominal pain.
Health experts believe that faulty communication between the brain and the intestinal tract is one cause of the symptoms for IBS/IBD. In some people, this miscommunication causes abnormal muscle contractions or spasms, which often cause cramping pain. The spasms may speed the passage of stool, causing diarrhea. Or they may slow it down, causing constipation or bloating.
Many people who have IBS seem to have unusually sensitive intestines. It is unknown why their intestines are more likely to react strongly to the elements that contribute to IBS. People who have IBS may start having symptoms because of one or more factors, including:
- Eating (though no particular foods have been linked with IBS).
- Stress and psychological issues, such as anxiety and depression.
- Hormonal changes, such as during the menstrual cycle.
- Medicines, such as antibiotics.
- An infection in the digestive tract, such as salmonella.
- Genetics. IBS may be more likely to occur in people who have a family history of the disorder.
Scientists have also linked immune system problems to inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn’s. Usually, cells of the immune system defend the body from harmful microbes – bacteria, viruses, fungi, and other foreign substances. The body doesn’t usually respond negatively to all microbes, however. Many microbes are helpful, especially for digestion. And so the immune system leaves them alone.
If there is an invader that needs to be eliminated, your body’s defense reaction begins. This immune system response causes inflammation. Immune system cells, chemicals, and fluids flood to the site to overcome the offending substance. After the substance has been disabled or removed, the immune response ends. Inflammation subsides.
For some reason, though, people with Crohn’s disease have an immune system that reacts inappropriately. The immune system may be defending the body against helpful microbes by mistake. Or, for some other reason, the inflammatory response simply will not stop. Either way, over time, this chronic inflammation in the digestive system can result in ulcers and other injuries to the intestines.
People around the world have used the Hallelujah Diet for over 20 yearsas they endeavored to restore their health. Instead of looking at the symptom, it focuses on the root cause of the problem providing the most efficient and effective way to support the body’s self-healing ability. It was designed to address nutritional deficiency and detoxify the body simultaneously.
We say that people have a Miraculous Self-Healing Body because we know that when we start putting the right foods into the body that the body will respond positively with healing. Just like if you cut your finger, it will heal; our inside cuts-like IBS, will heal if we stop cutting the inside by consuming the wrong kinds of foods.
A dietary change is necessary. By gradually transitioning onto a plant-based diet you will strengthen your immune system, increase your energy and help support your body in maintaining health.Begin the transition to the Hallelujah Diet by eliminating all foods that cause irritation especially all refined sugars, grains and animal sourced foods. Drink plenty of fresh, raw vegetable juices and BarleyMax everyday to help provide the body the nutrition that it needs to begin the rebuilding process.
For the first six to eight weeks, eat only 100% cooked plant foods to help ease digestion. All raw vegetables should be eliminated during this initial period of time. After allowing time for healing of the digestive tract, gradually start incorporating raw vegetables in the form of well-blended green smoothies or blended salads. Raw, fermented foods (sauerkraut) juice may aid healing and as raw foods are added back this fermented food can be added to salads. As the colon heals slowly transition to an 85% raw, 15% cooked plant-based diet. The optimal goal is to combine this new approach to eating with plenty of pure water, exercise, fresh air, rest, and stress management.
Whether you’re treating your IBS/Crohn’s through conventional or alternative means transitioning onto a modified Hallelujah Diet in conjunction with the Hallelujah Diet IBS/Crohn’s Get Started Support Kit will put your body into its best possible state to augment that treatment.
When addressing IBS/Crohn’s Disease or health issues it is critical that your body receives the best possible nutrition. The Hallelujah Diet is the perfect way to jumpstart your body’s amazing self-healing abilities.
When battling IBS/Crohn’s we recommend the following:
- Eliminate all animal based foods including meat, dairy, cheese and eggs.
- Eliminate gluten, grains and legumes for the first six to eight weeks then add back slowly.
- Reduce stress as much as possible.
- Pay close attention to foods that cause irritation and remove (even if they are healthy) until the body heals and can handle without irritation. A food diary may be helpful here.
- Start with cooked foods. Don’t add any raw foods for six to eight weeks. Then slowly begin eating raw foods as blended salads and/or green smoothies.
- Eat six small meals a day.
- Add raw fermented foods to your diet – ½ cup per day.
- After a couple of months begin following The Hallelujah Diet. This is a meal plan that is 85% raw, 15% vegan cooked which is approximately 1 cooked vegan meal per day.
- Minimize sugars – even natural ones.
- Two salads a day – this can be traditional, blended or smoothie after the colon has adequately healed so the fiber is not irritating.
- Add Hydroboost™ to water to boost protection against free radicals, boost hydration to your cells, raise the pH and boost nutrition.
- Juice mix of 2/3 carrot and 1/3 greens – If symptoms get worse start using 100% green juices and consider the Hallelujah Candida Diet.
Note: If within 8 weeks results aren’t being noticed, then consider incorporating appropriate aspects of the Hallelujah Candida Diet.
The Hallelujah Diet has fundamental supplements to assist and accelerate your body’s self-healing properties. These supplements have been specially selected and developed to make a significant difference in a short period of time. These supplements combined with the diet outlined above will have you on your way to better health in no time at all.