Here’s a tasty chili recipe that will bring about some tummy warming on a cold winters day.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onions, seasonings with bay leaves, and salt. Stir until onion is clear in color.
- Then stir in celery, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and garlic.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Then add beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in corn, and it is ready to serve following a huge salad, along with some hearty, whole grain bread.
This is the best vegetarian chile we have ever made. It is so flavorful and comforting. It makes a big pot and you can freeze the rest for another time. I give this recipe 5 stars.