Raw Homemade Rice Milk (A Cow Milk Replacement)
These milk substitutes are not adequate replacements for breast feeding.
Health Food Stores usually carry almond milk, rice milk, and soy milk in containers. Hallelujah acres strongly discourages the use of soy milk because of the high levels of estrogen found in soy products. Also, all of these cow milk substitutes, as found in Health Food Stores, have been cooked (pasteurized) to destroy the enzyme activity which keeps it from spoiling while giving it a long shelf life. Only when these milks are made fresh at home can you obtain a fresh, raw, substitute for cow milk.
NOTE: These milk substitutes are not adequate replacements for breast feeding.
- Soak raw (uncooked) rice in water overnight using two cups of soak water to every one cup of rice, and place in the refrigerator.
- The next morning, drain the rice and put the soaked rice into the blender with three cups of water.
- Blend until a milk like consistency is reached and add more water if needed.
- Filter out the fiber using a fine strainer or pouring through cheesecloth.
- For different flavors, add some vanilla, ground cinnamon and/or some maple syrup.
- Chill and serve! ENJOY