This versatile and scrumptious recipe is from Everyday Gluten-Free by Kim Wilson, Simple Allergen-Free Cooking with Whole Foods
- Mix the following in a bowl: sorghum flour, light buckwheat flour, cornmeal, brown rice flour, baking powder, and unrefined salt
- Add any of the optional additions to the mix: dried herbs (dill, oregano, parsley), onion powder or garlic powder, seeds (sesame, poppy, flax or sunflower)
- Mix together the following items or shake together in a sealed canning jar: warm water, oil/butter, ground flax seeds, apple cider vinegar, honey
- Lightly combine the wet and dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
- Pat dough out onto a floured surface until it is about ½ inch thick.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Cut into rounds (the top of a drinking glass works well for this purpose) or drop biscuits by spoon or ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-18 minute, until lightly browned.