Lemon Coconut Truffles
“These Lemon Coconut Truffles are super easy to make, 100% raw and a fun way to get the kids (if you have any) involved in the kitchen because you can have them help roll.”
If you have room for dessert or just want a sweet snack to leave on your countertop, look no further than these Lemon Coconut Truffles that look like they came straight out of a gourmet bakery in Paris!
- In a food processor, add your cashews and blend down to a fine meal.
- Add in the coconut, and pulse until well blended.
- Add in dates, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, and sea salt, and blend well, stopping frequently to scrape the sides of the processor with a soft spatula.
- Slowly drizzle in water as needed to help blend, but don’t add too much. You don’t want the mixture to be too wet.
- Using your hands, roll into ¾ - 1 inch balls, and roll the balls in some extra shredded coconut.
- Spread onto a plastic tray or plate, and let them set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
I have made these before, similar recipe, and they are DELICIOUS! They just melt in your mouth!
what nuts can be substituted for cashews which are too expensive here in Ukraine THANK YOU i WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THESE FOR cHRISTMAS!
Nuts with a high fat content give the most similar, creamy results. Macadamias, almonds and pine nuts work particularly well.
Really good! Made them several times and they never came out the yellow color in this picture though. Even tried putting twice the lemon ingredients but still were a brown color from the dates. What did you do to achieve that color?
Superb, a huge hit with my fussy hubby!! These are great!! Nice fresh lemon flavor and a healthy treat to boot! ❤️