Sun-Dried Tomato Crackers
From Rhonda Malkmus’ new recipe book, Rhonda’s Culinary Creations
- Place walnuts and pecans in a food processor with an S-blade and process to a fine texture. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Put the zucchini, tomatoes, and red pepper in food processor with the S-blade and pulverize to a pulp.
- Combine zucchini mixture and nuts in a bowl.
- Add flaxseeds, hemp seeds, lemon juice, yeast, and salt and stir to combine.
- Slowly add distilled water until a sticky dough forms.
- Using a spatula, spread the dough thinly (about 1/8-inch) onto a
- dehydrator tray lined with a Teflex sheet and dehydrate at 105˚F for about 6 hours. Remove tray from dehydrator.
- With a plastic knife or the dull edge of a knife, gently score dough into squares (a sharp knife will damage the Teflex sheet).
- Return to dehydrator and continue to dry for an additional 6 hours.
- Remove from dehydrator and place a second tray, with a screen in place, on top. Gripping the sides securely, flip the crackers onto the screen. Gently remove the solid sheet.
- Break crackers where scored and return to the dehydrator and dry until crisp, about 14 hours. Crackers may be stored in an airtight container for 1 to 2 weeks.