Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad
Did you know that a cucumber is 96% water? This makes cucumber not only an excellent hydrator, but it’s also a great toxin expeller.
On top of that, they bathe your body with Vitamins A, B and C and are widely studied to have potential to fight cancer, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
But the exciting part about this salad is the taste. With the help of macadamia and pine nuts for a thick consistency and enticing aroma, and lemon juice for the perfect zest, you might have trouble keeping your hands out of the salad bowl. You have to try it to believe it!
- In a Vitamix, blend all sauce ingredients until completely smooth.
- *The sauce should be thick, because when you stir it into the salad, the water from the cucumber will thin it out.
For the Salad:
- In a mixing bowl, pour yogurt like sauce over the cucumber, dill and onion.
- Stir so that everything is evenly coated.
- Serve chilled as a side dish, or eat as is.
You call it yogurt sauce, but where’s the yogurt?
Thank you for your question. The Hallelujah Diet is a plant based diet, and we stay away from dairy product like yogurt. The recipe should read “yogurt-like sauce.” We apologize for the confusion.