Coconut Banana Cream Pie with Carob Sauce
From Everyday Gluten Free by Kim Wilson
- Process fresh bananas and dates in a heavy-duty blender (or a masticating juicer with the blank in place).
- Add frozen bananas and process just until well-mixed. Keep as frozen as possible.
- Mix in coconut (reserve a small amount) and pour into Raw Date-Nut Pie Crust.
- Sprinkle top with the reserved coconut before freezing.
Raw Date-nut Pie Crust:
- Process pecans, walnuts and dates in food processor until well chopped.
- Add honey and continue to process until mixture holds together. Be careful not to over process.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a pie plate.
- Tip: Reserve some “dough” to crumble on top of finished pie.
- Whisk ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Drizzle over pie.