Classic Green Bean Casserole
A Hallelujah twist on a holiday classic!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare all vegetables and have spices and other ingredients ready.
- In a Vitamix or other high powered blender, place soup stock, bouillon cube, and nutritional yeast. Blend until the bouillon cube disintegrates. Pour into saucepan and heat but do not boil.
- Place the onions and mushrooms in a skillet, with the coconut oil and sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the herbs and spices and mix well.
- Make a thickener by combining arrowroot or aluminum free cornstarch and cold water; mix well.
- Pour into the bouillon mixture while stirring with a whisk as it will immediately begin to gel.
- Quickly add the green beans, the sautéed veggies, and about half of the French fried onions; stir well.
- Pour that mixture into a casserole and top with remaining French fried onions.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the French fried onions begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve while still hot from the oven.
Wish this and other recipes had nutritional value like calories, carb, fat…etc.
We are working on it and plan to provide that information in the future.
This is fabulous! I just tried it tonight. It’s a quick dish to make. I made it in no time at all. Will be making this a lot, especially during the holidays. I don’t miss the “SAD” traditional cream of mushroom soup recipe in the least.