Carob Coconut Bars
Featuring shredded coconut, this snack is packed with gut-friendly dietary fiber; iron to promote healthy circulation and tissues; and a dose of healthy fats!
- In a food processor with S-blade, blend pecans, carob, and salt to a coarse flour.
- While the machine is spinning, add dates a few at a time, until fully chopped and combined.
- Next add the coconut and blend until well incorporated.
- Finally pour in the coconut oil, and pulse a few more times until well mixed.
- Transfer mixture to a glass square or rectangle baking dish, and press evenly to line the bottom of the dish.
- Place in fridge or freezer to set.
Top Layer Instructions
- In food processor with S-blade, blend cashews down to a fine meal.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Spread evenly over the base, and sprinkle with extra shredded coconut.
- Let set in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into bars or squares and enjoy.
Our family loves these!