Vegetable / Lentil Soup
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 1 cup red or green lentils (rinsed)
- 3 cups vegetable soup stock (use Rhonda’s Simple Vegetable Soup Stock)
- 1 can (28 ounce) organic peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 celery ribs (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 cups cabbage (shredded)
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt or to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1. Rinse and remove any debris from lentils.
- 2. Place lentils into a large pan and add enough water to cover twice the depth of the lentils.
- 3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 4. While lentils are cooking, prepare the vegetables.
- 5. Drain and rinse the lentils and return them to the pot along with the soup stock, tomatoes, prepared vegetables and seasonings and simmer for about an hour or until vegetables are tender, adding additional liquid if needed.
This simple and delightful smoothie is a great recipe to...Recipe by Hallelujah Diet |
From the recipe book, Everyday Wholesome Eating by Kim Wilson....Recipe by Hallelujah Diet |
Mint is fun to grow along your sidewalk. It comes...Recipe by Christopher Young |