- (0 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- PIE SHELL:
- 1 3/4 cups raw almonds, soaked overnight then drained
- 1 cup soft pitted dates
- 7 or 8 large ripe strawberries
- 5 soft pitted dates
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon agar agar flakes
- FRUIT FILLING:
- 2 pints of fresh strawberries cut into quarters
- 1. PIE SHELL:
- 2. Soak almonds overnight, then drain and place in food processor with an S blade.
- 3. Alternate dates, almonds, seeds and oats until all ingredients have been run through.
- 4. Process until a soft dough forms.
- 5. Place dough between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper.
- 6. Roll until crust is about 1/4" thick.
- 7. Peel off the top layer of plastic wrap and place a lightly oiled pie plate on top of it. Gently slide your hand under the crust and plate, picking it up and inverting it. Remove the remaining plastic wrap. Press the dough into the pie plate. Makes 10" crust.
- 8. Note: Crust can be made in Green Power or Green Life or Champion juicers by using the closed blank rather than the screen. If using the Green Life or Green Power, leave the adjusting knob out.
- 9. BINDER:
- 10. Combine agar agar and apple juice.
- 11. bring to a boil for one minute, simmer an additional minute.
- 12. Remove from heat.
- 13. While juice is cooling slightly, blend other ingredients in a food processor or blender until well mixed.
- 14. Combine with apple juice mixture.
- 15. FRUIT FILLING:
- 16. Gently fold strawberries into binder. Carefully fill crust.
- 17. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour before serving.
This spicy drizzle is divine. It works wonderfully on some...Recipe by Christopher Young |
From the Everyday Wholesome Soup book by Kim Wilson, this...Recipe by Christopher Young |
Check the Healthy Days Blog for the nutritional components of...Recipe by Hallelujah Diet |