- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- Cranberries (one 12 oz package)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple (peeled, cored, and diced fine)
- 1 Anjou pear (peeled, cored, and diced fine)
- 1/2 large or one small red bell pepper (seeded and diced fine)
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 red onion (diced fine)
- 1/4 cup freshly extracted apple juice (or bottled organic)
- 2/3 cup raw unfiltered honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1. Sort and discard soft or blemished cranberries.
- 2. Rinse cranberries in cold water and drain.
- 3. Place cranberries in food processor with “S” blade and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- 4. Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold-in apple, pear, red pepper, green onion, red onion, and set aside.
- 5. In a separate bowl whisk together apple juice, honey, cilantro leaves, cumin, lime juice, lime zest, and cayenne. Mix well.
- 6. Chill before serving.
- 7. Serving Suggestion: Serve on toasted tortilla wedges!
- 8. Warm tortillas by heating in a 375 degree oven.
- 9. Cut into wedges, place wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake until crisp (about 8 minutes).
- 10. Now dip into the cranberry salsa!