Jam packed with immune boosting vegetables, curry, turmeric, garlic, and other healing herbs, this Recovery Diet soup is just what the doctor ordered!
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 sweet onions (one blended, one chopped)
- 4 cups broccoli (chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut into rounds)
- 1 celery rib (chopped)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- ½ tsp dried minced onion
- ½ tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 4-½ cups water
- 1. Cut an onion in 8 pieces and blend in a blender with ½ cup of water.
- 2. Pour mixture into a pot and add all other ingredients including the remaining 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes with lid on.
- 4. After 15 minutes, remove 2 cups of soup and place in a blender. Let soup cool for a couple of minutes in the refrigerator.
- 5. Slowly blend the 2 cups, being careful to let steam out of blender. ** NEVER ** blend hot soup under a sealed blender lid. (Blending builds the steam's pressure, which will blow the lid off, causing hot soup to erupt, potenially causing severe burns.)
- 6. Add blended portion back to the pot.
- 7. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more, allowing flavors to mingle.